How did you meet Viki? And what year?

I met Viki in 2008-9, I opened a profile and completely forgot about it , and since I changed the internet operator, I opened my current profile at the beginning of February 2010 and I’m still on Viki.

11 Likes

I first started watching dramas around the end of 2020 and the beginning of 2021 because I started learning Chinese at that time, but only last year did I started translating. Like I discovered a new world!

2 Likes

There is already a topic about this (albeit more complete than just the how and when):

1 Like

For me, this is the first time I speak on this topic.

8 Likes

Yes, but you could add your personal experience etc. on the existing topic.

1 Like

I never go back to see what was in 2019 or before, and I don’t see anything wrong with repeating the question or anything like that. Whoever wants to write, let him write, whoever doesn’t, always has the topic you’re talking about. :wink:

8 Likes

You don’t need to go back, that would be indeed a lot of work! But there’s a search icon on the right top corner. I can’t believe I’m telling you this, when you’re a senior member here, been on Viki since 2010. It makes me feel a bit embarrassed. It’s stuff we always tell newbies “search before creating a new topic to see whether it already exists”.

Of course none of us can prevent others from writing what they want and creating three topics a day if they so wish. But shouldn’t we all try to keep the Discussions neat and uncluttered and avoid repetition?

1 Like

Of course, how could I not know, only, as I said, each of us thinks differently. Does what I wrote bother you personally or is it someone else’s idea? That’s right, I’ve been on Viki since 2010, with this profile. :innocent: Is there something in that that doesn’t suit you? :grinning:

6 Likes

Someone invited me to her translation group, back in 2011, :heart_eyes: and she told me that on Viki I could translate dramas into my native language, that was interesting to me.

7 Likes

How could you ask such a thing? You are a respected sunbae for all of us!
It just seemed very strange and uncharacteristic that such a person would do something that usually is done by people who are new here. Other than that, we of course can do nothing about it, and it’s not like I don’t sleep at night because of that, LOL.

1 Like

I also look at what is new or what happened last year, I never go too far into the past, the past remains in the past for me. I don’t see anything wrong with that.

6 Likes

I don’t think she meant anything bad, maybe she just feels attacked by you, she is a very good and kind person. If you get to know her well, you will see for yourself.

6 Likes

I think the same as you, she is very dedicated to the Viki and the work on it.

6 Likes

Of course, nobody thought that any of us meant anything bad and none of us felt attacked, for such a small thing - it would be rather silly. “How could you?” was a rhetorical question. :grinning:
And I do know her, we have worked together many times and are on very good terms, you don’t have to worry.

2 Likes

Thank you Irene, I am honored to have a colleague like you. :wink:

7 Likes

No, dear, I did not feel attacked, because I, as well as Irene, know that this is not discussed in this place. And after that, thank you for your concern, I will try not to betray your trust.

5 Likes

Thank you dear, I will try to help as much as possible on your new drama. :hugs:

5 Likes

That’s right, over a long period of years, she were only working in the interest of Viki

4 Likes