How do I find out if I am blocked?

:joy::joy: previously it was like that, it told me that more than 3 consecutive replies were not allowed and you should either wait for someone to reply to you or edit your latest post. In the same thread.

3 Likes

Yeah, thereā€™s a message, but itā€™s more like a guideline than a rule. Feel free to ignore it. Heck, once I even replied to my own comment. Go wild, I say. :laughing::sweat_smile::rofl:

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I am not an English native and had British English in school, and lots of contacts with Americans in my hometown. I understand you, so maybe it is us - LOL - the non-native speakers.

After 3 comments the system will remind you, that either you can do it all in one comment, or to give others a chance to comment, but it will not prevent you from writing on, at least not to my knowledge.

3 Likes

Not only here :joy::joy: I have that in my life, even my friendships start with misunderstandings.

Yes, along with the reminder it clearly says that you are not allowed to post more than 3 consecutive replies (within a day I think).

2 Likes

Really, well I have not commented that much lately I guess. :rofl:

2 Likes

no that isnt right either, its when I put too many videos on one page, it gets stuck, so I deleted a bunch of videos, going to see if that works! and thanks yā€™all for your responses

1 Like

I think you are getting two types of replies mixed up.
chat
There is the one where two people talk (reply) back and forth with each other too much that disco brat steps in with a gentle reminder that you have taken up n% of the conversation with this person and only recommends that you give someone else a chance, but it does not block you from carrying on with the back and forth replying.

Then there is the other one where one person creates 3 posts (reply) in rapid succession
Talk2%20self
WITHOUT a reply or heart to any of them that you get blocked from posting another until someone comes along and ā€˜unlocksā€™ the block with a reply or heart. I guess it makes sense that it look spam bot like behavior (no interaction with anyone else in rapid succession)

3 Likes

ok yā€™all I had it flagged, so will see what will happen that way!!

1 Like

I wasnā€™t blocked before but one time I tried ā€œlikingā€ replies/comments and the system told me I exceeded the maximum and had to wait to proceed. Kinda strange but I think itā€™s to prevent bots from spamming.

2 Likes

Welcome to the heart jail! There is a limit on how may likes you can give out in a 24 hour period. (50,75 or 100 depending on your trust level) It was covered extensively in this topic. Badges: Who thought they were a good idea, and where do you go to earn some of them?

5 Likes

Ahhh that makes sense. Thank you! I was confused when it happened. :smile:

2 Likes

I personally like Spam. I ate a lot as a child.

(Giphy)

2 Likes

Of course, I know thatā€™s not the only kind of spam there is.

(Giphy)

1 Like

I know that spamming is a serious thing.

But itā€™s still sort of funny to consider that the Discussion Boardā€™s automatic artificial intelligence dicator, our ever so fussy Disco-bot, is trying to lay down rules of etiquette for preventing his AI cousins from taking over.

And it is not at all clear what the heck is going on when the genteel warning message suddenly appears:

But I have, without breaking a sweat, invoked Fusspot-Bot.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3ohjUNo19GqRJoS1iM/giphy.gif

(Giphy)

And very soon, I think, Fusspot-bot will be singing a different tune.

https://media.giphy.com/media/7J1lhjLkmT0ycfIks7/giphy.gif

OK, per the warning I just got when I tried to do an original reply to the topic as a whole . . .

I am editing my previous post so I can show how wacky this whole thing is.

If I do ā€œblue box repliesā€ totally and no individual replies, I can write as many messages as I want. If I do too many individual replies and then try to do general replies . . . I have to wait for someone to get me out of Reply Jail.

Annoying. Spambot needs to stage a palace coup.

https://media.giphy.com/media/4PUloMAGHEIPC6opRm/giphy.gif

(Giphy)

6 Likes

yeah!! spam!!!

2 Likes

thatsa what I am talking about! and I deleted some of my stuff cause I thought the videos were too many, but still doesnā€™t want me to do anything. so I flagged it and hopefully that will work

1 Like