How to delete a second account

In 2022, after getting out of the hospital as a survivor of COVID, I temporarily started another Viki account because fatigue and some wacky post-COVID meds made it impossible to remember my original login ID and passcode.

(Hmm. If I use the word “word” with the word “pass,” the whole thing gets censored.)

I cannot remember my passcode for my second account, so I clicked on the link to have an email sent to the email associated with my second account.

That email is supposed to contain a link to a page where I can change my passcode.

But I have tried this whole process three times, and I have gotten zero email messages. I have looked in every email folder where a message could end up by mistake, and i have found nothing.

Has anyone else had this problem? I’m just a wee bit of a control freak, and I would like to get rid of the second account I created.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Is the account opened on another device, like an old phone, or laptop, ipad etc.? That could solve the problem of remembering.

2 Likes

It was a year and a half ago that I created a second account, and I was a physical and mental mess. I could not remember the passcode to my original account for a couple of weeks . . . and then I could.

At which point I stopped using the second account.

It’s not like I have nothing to do with my time, but I would like to delete the second account if I can.

3 Likes

Someone knows, but that’s what I have right now, we’ll figure it out. No worries.

1 Like

It could be because you didn’t link that specific email address to your second account after its creation.

Summary

https://i.postimg.cc/DzmBvzJF/Screenshot-2023-10-14-email-link0.jpg

Do send a PM to a Viki staff, or the Viki Community Team. Remember to include your account user id and your email address (for the second account). I’m sure there’s a way for them to help you delete that second account. :four_leaf_clover: :muscle:

Hope you’re feeling much, much better now. :pray:

4 Likes

OK. Sent a message to the Viki help desk regarding having two accounts. The information the help desk sent me showed that I created the second on by logging in with Google. Duh. I was three days out of the hospital after COVID when I did that.

So, I’ve gone in and deleted my second account, but I’m still getting an error message that says I cannot use my Gmail email as the log-in for my original account because it’s associated . . . with the account I’ve just deleted.

If I wait until tomorrow and try again, will I be able to make the change? Hope so.

I’ve just sent the help desk an email saying my problem has been resolved, which it technically has.

Life in the 21st century is sometimes a real bother. So glad there is chocolate to take the edge off . . .

(Giphy)

BTW, thanks for asking if I’m feeling better. A thousand percent better for sure!

3 Likes

Yay! Thanks to all for suggestions. I now have sorted out email. Call me OCD or whatever, but a nitpicky detail that has been bothering me for almost two years has been taken care of. So call this topic finished. Maybe we can “segue” into a topic about handsome Europeans selling Asian brands of chocolate candy.

(I was super into Jean Claude Van Damme when he was doing his martial arts thing in movies. I had no idea he was a chocolate spokesperson back in the day.)

1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like