I am a Ninja!

Well…you’ll find this one out soon enough. Fixing bad work is triple the time and energy to do it right the first time…and so a good segmenter, like a good subber, is in definite demand.

I asked only because you are a good person and I believe you would properly segment with me. :slight_smile:

If you know of a Chinese to English (Mandarin) subtitle person - please let me know. That’s my biggest need - one of the best segmenters has joined Demigods. :slight_smile: …but subbers are in short supply!

Warmest Regards, and Congratulations Again -

Linda/CD, HD
currently about to start specialization at NA for Mandarin.

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind words, this means a lot to me!
Unfortunately I don’t know any Chinese-English translator, maybe because I don’t hang out in C-dramas so much.
Even Korean-English ones… I’ve been looking for someone to subtitle 26% of a one-hour drama special for months now and… nothing.

1 Like

Well, I can tell if a sub is WRONG now…and honorifics…and some basic phrases…but it’s not enough for me to sub the major parts. I do what I can already.

And the dramas are not modern dramas - they are historical/costume/wuxia.

I hope we all find the help we need, because I know we’re already giving til our fingers and hearts bleed.

Linda

2 Likes

your post is SO cute, congratulation :balloon: :tada: :yellow_heart: !!! I really mean it , cause I know how difficult it is (just my opinion) ! :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Hey Irmar, I just got notice today image I graduated and am a Segmenter.

7 Likes

Congrats Tammy! I am waiting for my results on level 3. :grinning: Getting the hang of it.
In my quest to not be early, I was shaving the segment starts a bit too close so I got a whole bunch of split lates. I fixed them. What’s funny is all this segmenting is LIVE. I can see my sensei’s notes on the show - they show up as subtitles. :smile: So, until the notes are erased, you can see such jewels as. “Split late + split at 9:37.4” and “begin this segment around 9:42.” :laughing:

I’m hoping that the segmenting job I’m interested in will still be needing me by the time I graduate. It’s possible because there are 450+ episodes that need segging and subtitles.

5 Likes

I know right LOL Great job going threw the coarse. Best of Luck.
BTW what has 450+ Episodes???

ASC - After School Club It’s a Korean/English variety show that has various Idols come on who chat and play games and have live chats with fans from several countries… Send a message to jedelande she is looking for segmenters. tell her I sent you. :smiley: (But she’s keeping an eye on segmenting graduates and may have already sent you an invitation.)

She kinda snagged me when I expressed interest. She’s having me do English to English subtitles, translate song lyrics and also translate the Korean that I do understand - until I graduate from segmenting school. But the work is few right now because she doesn’t have enough seggers to keep us busy.

4 Likes

Awesome Thanks

Congratulations, @tammychecketts_61
I’m still on the waiting list.

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

@tammychecketts_61, Congratulations!

@mirjam_465, I was thinking about signing up for the Ninja Academy. Is there a long waitlist? And, is there anything I need to do before signing up?

5 Likes

There is a very long waiting list. I think it’s 3 to 6 months, depending on the time of year or so.
You don’t need to do anything before signing up, just fill in the application form. And while on the waiting list you can play in the Sandbox.

6 Likes

3 to 6 months? Yikes!

3 Likes

Yea. I signed up May 1, 2020 Didn’t get first lesson until September and am now waiting for my results from level 3. Then I have level 4 and level 5 and some tests before graduating. What takes the most time is waiting for an opening for each level.

It would interesting to know how many sign up versus how many graduate.

6 Likes

I’m also on the waitlist since October…I think the long wait is good in a way though…someone who’s willing to wait it all out can properly think about what they’re getting into and commit to it

4 Likes

Yup, we get a lot of students on the waitlist and the team isn’t that big and we only have a limited amount of material to work with, so I have to wait for someone to finish before I can use that video for someone else.

If you have patience, feel free to enroll :smile:

4 Likes

How many students do you take in in a month?
I’m afraid that because of the corona, there are much more people on the waitlist and I will get accepted next year honestly. :smiley:

3 Likes

Sorry to butt in, but for this sort of general info I think there is a dedicated thread.

2 Likes

It really depends, so I can’t answer your question :slight_smile:

As Irmar has said, there are probably other threads that have more information on the NSSA.

1 Like