I am in big trouble - I don't know what to watch

I am open for suggestions!
Have watched some newer ones as well as Chinese, but would like to hear what is there in the market of the last 9 months that I might have missed out on.
I need to get some sleep, maybe you will help me looking for a new drama love.

1 Like

I thoroughly recommend The Miracle We Met with an original, beautiful story and excellent acting and a happy, satisfying ending and My Unfamiliar Family. which is very interesting and well-written, and the main couple is mature.
They both have just finished subbing and editing.
None of them is a rom-com.

4 Likes

Lutra
All these are not on viki but I really enjoyed/am enjoying them/ and if viki ever gets the license, I would love to by chief editor on any of them:
Hospital Playlist, Crash Landing on You, It’s Okay not to be Okay
Suits - the Korean version
Chief of Staff
cgwm808

5 Likes

how is suits? would you say it’s better than the english one?

1 Like

I love Dr. Detective. Some episodes have real-life occupational stories as an epilogue to an episode. One is about the abuses of production crews who film the dramas. Where could I find out more information on abusive work places in the film/entertainment industry in South Korea?

2 Likes

There have been quite a number of scandals regarding this topic, so I’m sure some online newspapers and reporting sites have information about them :slight_smile:
There is also a Viki discussion about this, started by Adrian Morales.

2 Likes

1.sleuth of ming dynasty
2 my roomate is a detective
3 ancient detective
4 dr john
5 are you human too
memoriust
6kill it (good to a point)
7 guardian
8 two cops
9 firey priest
10 kill meheal me
11 Healer
12 Dr john
13 msuits
14 perfect partner
theres more

every one, when you go to other sites (includoing prime, youtube and Netflix, ) the subs are not as good as they should be, yeah we want to see those dramas , well we can request them on here, I have done that quite a few times. so thats a thought.

suits was quite good, the english one got too emotional

1 Like

Watched and was quite intrigued because of the pace and the mood and of course Ji Sung

restritcted

Think I watched it before license ended, but not sure, couldn’t verify it any more.

restricted

Watched while airing, re-watched 1 time, since then restricted

Watched last year

[quote=“frustratedwriter, post:51, topic:22786”]
5 are you human too
[/quote].

Still stuck in the middle of the drama, looks like it will be one of the few I won’t make it past a certain point. So many are praising it, I am somehow a little unaffected.

The others, I would need to look them up, I don’t remember or have not read about them.

I don’t hear/read anything about FLOWER OF EVIL. This drama is simply awesome bc the story plot is different for a change in K-drama. I can’t say I saw this story played in another k drama and even if I did the superb quality of the actor/actress goes beyond praises. check it out

2 Likes

I will as it has Lee Jun Ki, the past year I didn’t watch any drama on air, always waited until subtitles are done and even then it can take a while before I start it.

2 Likes

Yeap that’s the one. That’s one thing that gets on my nerves the slow process of the subtitles in that drama, even when I wait a whole week to check it out, some of the subtitles are missing in both episodes (many segments are left blanks). I wished I never started watching it and waited like you do. I’m gonna see if I can hold myself from watching until the rest is done. I haven’t seen any improvement subbing wise since it started. Some teams start slow and pick up along the way but this team is in the same mode since it started; turtle mode hahahaha.

PS. Maybe that’s the reason why no one is recommending the drama?

1 Like

You mean here in this topic? Well it’s because I wanted a recommendation of a drama less thrilling, no violence, no revenge and such … Under that view, it doesn’t fit.
I don’t look at the speed of subtitles. My daily life is such that I only watch one drama at a time. So if I have to stop suddenly it is only this one drama and not several and not an on air drama to boot. By the time I watch edits are normally done and there is not too much trouble with the quality of subtitles.

2 Likes

I don’t know if you’ll like [My name is Busaba] Thai? Is doing good so far in the sub department so I’m kind of behind so I’m catching up today. It’s a remake of a K drama

1 Like

Which one?

I used to watch a lot of Lakorns in the good old days, but it is still on air, or being uploaded, so maybe later?
Going to sleep now, it’s 11pm on my side, and I have to get up early tomorrow.

1 Like

They say in the comments KIM SAN SOON k drama version. I haven’t seen the k drama version.

Have a restful and peaceful sleep and wake up energized for tomorrow. I also have so many things to do tomorrow for my mom but is still 5 pm over here. Sadly, I can’t sleep much lately so i have a long day and night to face for tomorrow.

2 Likes

I’ve seen about 50 K-dramas now. The one that towers above all others for me is My Mister, which won a number of awards in 2018. The female lead is one of the most interesting characters I’ve seen in any film genre or language. She is so smart, but so emotionally broken. The relationship between the male and female leads is also fascinating. They aren’t lovers, but are almost soul mates, as they are always protecting each other. I saw My Mister it over two years ago, and still think about it quite often.

Also, if you watch it, , do it on Viki, not Netflix. The translation is better on Viki.

3 Likes

You may watch “My Mister” again here, then, to check whether what you said is true for this drama as well. It was done in December 2019. I am confident that our team did quite a decent job, we put all our heart in it.

2 Likes

I guess where you are located the dramas I mentioned are restricted. sorry about that then

1 Like

I have NTFX so I’m curious now about the subtitles in regards to MY MISTER so I’m checking them out of curiosity since at the beginning I complained so much about the subs on ntfx, and right now in my opinion they did improved a lot. They even have the dubbed option in dramas/movies, and Germany turns out has the most films/dramas in dubbed motion. But they also have currently 5 korean dramas dubbed in English on NtfX that I didn’t continue using bc the voice don’t match them, so I rather use the subtitle or CC caption option.