I can't continue translating the drama, something's wrong

I wanted to go back to translating the Alliance drama but when I click on the translation tools it throws me out of the video and back to the main page.

Is this a bug or has something changed that I’m not aware of?
Who should I ask for help?

https://contributorhelp.viki.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

1 Like

Thanks a lot :heart:

1 Like

You can also try to accept cookies. I think I had the same issue once, and I had to change privacy settings. You can try that in the meantime :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Or reject them, as long as you choose your cookie settings. The problem nowadays for people who are not permanently logged in, though, is that the cookie banner usually doesn’t appear anymore. But for that, we have this link: https://www.viki.com/v1/explore?sort=latest

4 Likes

Thank you for your suggestions and support. :heart:

I’m afraid that this isn’t a cookie issue though.

1. I’ve been using very high privacy and security settings on my computer for a long time. I don’t allow cookies to penetrate my computer. So far, this has never affected my access to the translator tool.

2. If it were a cookie issue, I would have access to the translator tools in another drama that I haven’t translated for a long time.

Viki support gave me the same advice as you :slight_smile: but it seems that the cause of the problem is somewhere else and is not related to just one drama. As if the problem is more related to my blue_box account and not cookies.

For now, I’ll try to reply to support with what I wrote here.

I wonder if the fact that I took a break from translating for a few months could have had any impact on this situation. However, I did not exceed “the contractual” deadline for delivering the translations required by Viki :slight_smile: so this should not be the cause of my current problem either.

Are you by any chance using a VPN? That could also cause the problem.

Even if you had, it would affect your QC status and thus prevent you from entering the shows you can’t watch for free in your area, but you could still enter the tools of the shows you would have access to. And it wouldn’t redirect you to the main page, either way.

2 Likes

No, I’m not

Oh, so I’m more and more curious what could have happened that I can’t use these translation tools
I hope that I will be able to get back to translating soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had similar issue all of sudden 10.9. with MacBook + Safari. Everything worked perfectly day before.

Updated versions and still l am sent to the front page when trying to open subtitle tools.

No issues with windows + chrome or edge.

Installed chrome to MacBook and I can work with it again.

What browser are you using?

1 Like

Firefox

Your case reminded me of something. This may indeed be the cause.
I haven’t updated my browser for some time, and it requires updates quite often, otherwise various things suddenly stop working properly. This may be it :))
I will check it tomorrow! Many thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I updated my browser and my computer, but unfortunately that didn’t help either. The problem remains, I still don’t have access to the tools

Support hasn’t responded yet.

My dears, I’m just letting you know that I managed to solve the problem :smiley:
I turned on the second computer, updated everything there and logged into my Viki account.
And everything works there! To my great joy ^^

Thank you again for your support and tips :heart: :heart: :heart:

4 Likes