I Love You, But I Also Love Myself

No, unfortunately, it’s not the name of a new drama, but who knows? Maybe one day. Just please add my name to the credits when it happens. :sweat_smile:

Returning to the topic at hand, I’m making this post because I want to talk about love. Yes, that’s right, say it with me: L-O-V-E. Umm… It’s always difficult, however, to say “I love you” in a relationship, isn’t it? Our feelings might not be reciprocated. We might not be loved as much as we love. Instead, let’s say it in this manner: “I love you, but I also love myself.” That way we can share the love that we have for ourself without depending on anyone emotionally. And this is the most important part. We could be going through a breakup or a divorce and feel as though our whole life is finished. Well, it’s not. It’s impossible not to experience any pain, sure, but know that we matter just as much as the other person. “But isn’t this a form of selfishness?” you might be asking. The fact that we’re suffering at the hand of another is what’s truly selfish. In a perfect world, we would be all in love and ready to forgive any transgression.

Of course, this applies to idols as well. They love their fans just as much as their fans love them. It’s a wonderful relationship, which is sadly marred by those no-good anti-fans who keep spewing insults. Self-love would prevent these idols from hurting themselves. They need others to cheer for them, but they also represent their own person, a precious and unique one at that. Their life is theirs alone… If only I could have communicated these things to Sulli and Jonghyun and Goo Hara…

Ultimately, how wonderful would it be to emanate love from and for our own being, love that then connects with that of those around us? :couplekiss_man_woman:

6 Likes

@angelight313_168 @sonmachinima @frustratedwriter
I’ve tagged you because this is something that I genuinely wanted to share with all of you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@adrianmorales

I Love You Adrian for the wonderful and caring human being you are. I love you as much as I love myself, too. There are special people in this world and you are one of them. Don’t ever change; no matter the thorns and stones in the road you may encounter along the way. The day will come when you, and many other people too, will see the purpose of your existence in this world. I’m glad I’ve met you through here bc is an honor to know a person with such a pure, kind, loving heart. Thanks for sharing this with me. I was missing you around here. You always have something nice to light up the day.

2 Likes

That was my first thought :rofl:

It’s an important topic you mentioned here. I recently realized that many of the people I know think in the way one always needs someone else for love or their definition of love is more like if they have a relationship everthing would be saved and if a relationship ends they think they need a new one instead of looking and finding what they really need inside.

One cannot truly love someone else without loving oneself first.

Life, relationships, friendships would be on a different level if people would realize that. Also that loving someone doesn’t mean that person has to do everything to please the one that said ‘I love you’ or to disrespect oneself.

I’m gonna share these verses with you, there are some that are also about this topic recently so you may like them as well:

Adrian you could also do insta poem posts, if you do so let me follow you there :slight_smile:

4 Likes

When it comes to love and the pain others might cause us in our life, I’ve also learned many things in my own life experiences, and that is that besides loving ourselves enough to not let others hurt, use or abuse us, we must also learn to forgive them because by forgiving them we liberate ourselves from the pain and the emptiness they left behind. When you forgive, you in no way can change the past but you sure can change the future. Forgiveness is a gift we give to ourselves . Forgiveness is for Yourself because it frees You and only You.

I think the first step is to [understand that forgiveness does not exonerate the perpetrator. Forgiveness liberates the victim. It’s a gift you give yourself.]

— T. D. Jakes

It’s not an easy journey, to get to a place where you forgive people. But it is such a powerful place, because it frees you.

— Tyler Perry

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing these beautiful poems with me. :smile: :heartpulse:

1 Like

True. Thank you. :heartpulse:

I, too, feel the same about you, but I’m not any of those things. I mean, I grew up in a Communist country, spending more time fighting with my classmates than studying. There wasn’t anything to study anyway, apart from insults. I’m just really thankful to my mother for teaching me English at a very early age. It has allowed me to write beautiful poems and messages of love and encouragement, which truly I tell you come not from me, but through me. Maybe God has different plans for my life.
Also, I’ve met some really wonderful people from all over the world; I’ve met you, dear Wanda. :blush:

2 Likes

Aww how sweet of you ^^
Also @sonmachinima great post’s I am seeing here :blush: It’s very important to love yourself first if you try to love someone else :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I am someone who doesnt speak much or even writing but when the time is there
then I try to make my point :slight_smile:
A wonderful weekend to all of you :heart:

3 Likes

@adrianmorales

I wanted to add that more than anything else, GOD does have a purpose for you in life, and with all these things you went through in your life, you still found beauty and love through your poems and short stories. Your mother, GOD bless her, has been your rock and support blessed in so many ways bc you deserve all that and more.

3 Likes

She has. Thank you. :slight_smile:

Umm… As deadly attacks continue to shake the world, my goal is to dull the deadly swords of hatred and bigotry with words of kindness and tolerance. I’m starting with own blade. It’s a difficult process, though, letting go of the bad things and embracing the good in my life. I’m sure it’s the same for many…

6 Likes

sorry ! Hit the wrong button again! angellight, you said it right, God does have a purpose in your life Adrian. your writing inspiren\s me as well. th show love you have to give it no matter what. spread a little SONSHINE around! and I have missed them. can you not see that your poems can be a wonderful thing, what better way to witness Gods love?

and you even mentioned let go and let God, turn whatever is bothering you to Him and he will definately will help you. Hey what are friends for anyway, to uplift & boost others, I know I haven’t said it to you, but I do love you, and would love to see more of your writings , share them , remember, note my name… hehehehe, I so much want to write and yes give the message of hope & love, inspire others (hopefully I did this to you) so I am working on it! hang in there, if no one else loves you, God does

3 Likes

@angelight313_168

I like your new pic’s text… so true.

But at least the internet offers the possibility to get in touch with more mind-like people than if one is only limited to the local area because in offline life you usually meet people just because they live at the same place for whatever reason but online you can meet people you really do have something in common so it can create a stronger feeling of being connected than otherwise.

5 Likes

Thank you. I really appreciate it. :heartpulse:
Sure, I’ll continue to share my poetry. Also, please take good care of yourself, especially with the new flu going around.

1 Like

You don’t have the other ones (like) the short stories in form of poem? The ones with Halloween like themes also? I thought this included more but it stopped, and u don’t see much. I saw what I’m guessing is your cute dog, too? lol

2 Likes

Are you referring to what I posted on Discussions? Would anyone be interested in my writings? I mostly post on Facebook and Twitter.

3 Likes

YES, they would! They make you go into another relaxing place as you read them.

1 Like

I’d read them too :books:

1 Like

well, how come I haven’t seen them on Facebook?

1 Like

Are we FB friends? You should see them. They are public posts from my Author page.

we are supposed to be! I will double check!

1 Like