Ideas 4 Viki

Agree, if you can see the video and have no region problems there should be no reason to see the bulk. The bulk is useful for editors, and moderators, how have already seen the video and the need to edit the translation in order to be perfect.

Yep definitely agree :blush:

as long as i have watched the show,
mostly my sub completely match with the content, i just need to remember and feel what iā€™ve watched. but sure, just like what @dramaaaaa saidā€¦ my language has same cases with yours. i have to translate ā€œyouā€ into different words or even i have to transform it into someoneā€™s name, ā€˜motherā€™, etc. (cause if i said ā€˜youā€™ to my mother, she definitely will hit me to deathā€¦ lolā€¦)
so itā€™s still need to be rechecked at subtitle editorā€¦ and iā€™ll leave that to my mod

i would say iā€™m the oppositeā€¦
Mod and CM should make sure that every words/sentences translated into a right words/sentences, and iā€™m not sure they could remember all that without see it directlyā€¦ (an episode at least has 600 sentences)
if just to see if the sub has nice sentences, sure they could do thatā€¦

iā€™m sorry dear
iā€™m totally against it.
when we translate it is more about felling of the situation than just translating like am translating a book.
I know what @dramaaaaa mean with ā€œduā€ or ā€œSieā€
but in Arabic we say it differently according if it is you for a group or a girl or a boy.
So i donā€™t really get why do you want something like that!!

it is a nice idea
yasmina dear
write it in English so the others can read it
sorry to trouble you

But Nienna is also against Bulk Translation or better to say she thinks that Subbers should sub with the video if they are able to and I totally agree with that.

Yeah thatā€™s what I mean

Yeah same in German

then i understand it wrongly
we can see the video now as subber
ā€¦
in german es gibt nur Du und Sie
Geben Sie mir bitte ein Beispiel wo es ā€œyouā€ als"sie, ihn, es, euch" Ć¼bersetzt wird?

Iā€™m saying it because in my work as moderator and editor I see a lot of people that translate without seeing the video at all, and the translation makes no sense, for example they make the woman a he and there is no relation with what they are translating, thatā€™s what Iā€™m saying, some people watch the episode first and then translate which would allow you to know what is going on the bulk without the video, but most of the subbers have to translate first. Iā€™m just saying my opinion. Thatā€™s what Iā€™m saying, you said [quote=ā€œMsDreaMy, post:24, topic:2462ā€]
about felling of the situation than just translating like am translating a book
[/quote] Thats exactly my point, how can you translate without watching the video? As I say, the bulk doesnā€™t allow you to watch the video so you cannot feel what you are translating.

1 Like

LOL I think we are probable talking about the same thing lol

1 Like

ā€œHow are you ?ā€ If there are more than one person you still can use ā€œyouā€ in english
but in German it can be Wie geht es dir? Wie geht es ihnen? Wie geht es euch?

http://www.dict.cc/?s=you

here is a link for more examples if you want to look it up.

Or did I learn something wrong for years now? If yes I would feel honored if you could explain that.

Regards.

If you read the post before, you would see how I explained the use of bulk translation for me. Yeah we can see it. But there are situations where you canā€™t and Bulk translation can be useful then.

the way i see it,
itā€™s not about feature that Viki has (bulk translate), itā€™s more about subtitling technique and how the tim should run

i get it now
sorry 4 the misunderstanding
iā€™m with you
i hope Viki would provide that 4 us

iā€™m not a native
iā€™m a student 2
i started learning Deutsch just 2 years ago
but i get what you are saying but it still not the same as Arabic in arabic we have du for girls and du for boys, 2person for girls and boys, euch for boys and euch for girls and we have euch for a group of boys and girls :wink:

I canā€™t follow you but anwayā€¦ I just answered your question

and gave you an answer to your confident statement that in German you is just used as

Nothing more or less.

I would appreciate it if you read your previous posts. I didnā€™t say that german is exactly like arabic, you said

And I said that in german it is like that too, which is right

So the same word for boys and girls? I am asking because i want to learn arabic later and this is confusing.

So you only use euch if itā€™s a group of boys and girls? Reminds me of french

To this one

Nobody said you should know german perfectly. If you start your sentence with ā€œThere is noā€¦ā€ you write like you know everything for sure.
I am not a native but I was born in Germany and i am still going to school. I can understand that if you are learning German for just 2 years it can be hard and of course you can make mistakes.

Thanks anyway for your explanation.

du for a girl Ų£Ł†ŲŖŁ
du for a boy Ų£Ł†ŲŖŁŽ
du for euch(girls) Ų£Ł†ŲŖŁ†
du for euch(boys) Ų£Ł†ŲŖŁ…
sorry i just wanted to let you know that it is not the same as Deutsch because Korean have that 2 (i mean Du ans Sie) ā€¦ we donā€™t have it but we have another typeā€¦ but i think you already got it now :smiley:
ā€¦
i think if u r born in German then you must speak it as well as nativeā€¦ (Monday :frowning: is my last exam in Deutsch after that i will be on the same level as a native ā€¦ they say so )

I can see the difference here

Thanks ! :slight_smile:

Sigh I just started to learn Arabic I was even able to read the holy Quranā€¦ but then I got problems at the mosque because of my nationality and left. And now I canā€™t remember anythingā€¦

But well I kinda lost the point of this topic againā€¦ sorry guys ^^

u r welcome
As a Muslim girl living in Germany ā€¦ i havenā€™t ever gone to the mosque.
U donā€™t need a Mosque to learn Quran or to be a Muslim in my opinionā€¦ even though that i love going to mosque and specially the one in Makka ā€¦ i just wanna stay away from trouble because there are a lot of people pretending to be Muslim just to use Islam for their own benefit

1 Like

Yeah of course. I try to learn it on my own at home :slight_smile:

1 Like

I understand your point. But Bulk Translation is handy for quick reference to previous translations or reviewing your work.

Maybe have it visible to subbers, but they can only edit through the subtitle editor?

Another reason for this problem is the One Liners. Without context how can you translate most of them? If I use the One Liners and am confused about the context, I check out the video and sometimes the Bulk Translation before translating. Not everyone would go through the trouble though.

1 Like