Ideas 4 Viki

Hi
I have 3 Ideas 4 Viki
i don’t know who to tell Viki about them
The first One:
I want to use the Viki app to send PM and receive them
to sub or to even segment with it.
i think it isn’t enough that i can just watch on it.

the second one:
I want there to be a button in ever channel so i can 4 example tell Viki that I’m watching this drama in English or Arabic or any other Language and then when any ep is 100% they will send me an email.

THE LAST ONE:
In timmed comment
i want to be able to say @lc in my comment and actuality who i mean get a notification
What do u think about my ideas?
Do u know how can i tell Viki about them?

Thnx 4 reading,
MsDreaMy

3 Likes

Hi there!
You can either write a request
http://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
but the help desk right now is a bit “busy”, f.e. I still have an open request from almost 3 weeks ago.

Or you can write them an email read more about it here

http://www.viki.com/about

or use this directly

Community support: help@viki.com

or this one
General: info@viki.com
Good luck

3 Likes

yeah! I agree with you.
Other idea: a kind of drama list, where recorded the dramas I’m watching, episodes, rates, etc.

2 Likes

I like them all , and actually i thought of the same ideas… another one , I just wish as a moderator to be able to send a group message , i don’t like to send a message for each member in the subbing team i want to be able to send a one message for all of them .

2 Likes

My idea is that the Bulk translator could ONLY be seeing and worked by moderators and Channel managers, if subbers have access to it, they translate without watching what they are supposed to be translating.

1 Like

Maybe you should email the staff . email Dee or technical support.

1 Like

Yas , And save the episode with translator in the app or in the folder

i really like your ideas and i think they should add like an “episode mark”? because a lot of time i forget what was the last episode that i watched so i have to write it down.

3 Likes

@lutra thnx dear
@Farah_Abida i need that one 2… it is hard to send everyone on the team the same thing
@Niennavalar i don’t get it!
@yvia87 thnx i will try that
@yasmina22 i don’t get it!
@zarrehh i like yr idea i need it 2

I know what you mean, I just recently made the experience that someone “translated” a passage from the English subtitles, and did not realise that the subtitles originally contained lyrics of a song in her/his native language, I had to do it all again, since she/he “edited” the correct lyrics I wrote down before.

(btw. is there an editing bug, I made a typo and corrected it and now it tells me the body is too similar to the previous version and won’t save the edited version. Trying again, with these added 2 cents of mine. Hope it works now, that I added a “novel”)

The editing error thing happens for ages now… It always was like that since I am here. And I really don’t like it :smiley:

1 Like

Actually, you can do that. In the “To:” box, you can put all the names separated with commas!
I also put “cc:” and the names on the message box, so they know it’s a group message. Technically it’s like you sent the message individually to each one, because when they answer, the others can’t see it, so it’s not a group message but you gain time from creating the same message again and again.

1 Like

I never use it. How can you translate without seeing the context?? Good idea Nienna!

1 Like

Great Ideas !!! :smiley: Hope Viki will consider them it would be awesome ^^ !

انه نقدر بسهولة نحفظ الحلقة و الترجمة في التطبيق واقدر ارجع اشوف الحلقة من غير انترنت
انتي بتلقي ملف للحلقات وملف للترجمة خاص لفيكي…بس مابعرف كيف تتحمل الحلقة او الترجمة
وهما منزلين انه نقدر نحفظها…بس الطريقة لسه مابعرفها واعتقد انهم لسه ما استخدموها

1 Like

Hi dreamy lol Im confused you don’t get how can they translate without the video or what I’m talking about?

1 Like

I never knew i could do this ! Thanks a lot , i really appreciate it . :smile:

1 Like

i not really sure with this but i always want a request-botton-to-volunteer, so i dont have to send a pm if i want to volunteer at some channel… i just dont know what to write on my pm… LOL…

Hi, i think not one could sub from voice to text without see the content directly. and i think bulk translate made for one who sub from text-to-text… and it’s really helpful to me…

But, how can you see what are you translating? Is not about translating a text, is translating a drama is completely different. I still think that subbers should have no access to it.

1 Like

Well i was only able to sub Golden rainbow through bulk translater. There were things where i had to ask the mod in which context they were saying sth but over all it worked.

But i agree with your point especially in German you can’t just translate without knowing the context because in English for example they talk to ppl saying “you”. And in German there is the formal and informal way of saying that. This for example was sth i had to ask first.

If you are able to sub with the video you shouldn’t use bulk translater i actually don’t see what the reason could be. I just had to use it because golden rainbow wasn’t available and i was working on it to get my QC status. Now since i am able to watch it i don’t use bulk anymore.

1 Like