Inspiring Generation

This is just a side comment, not really IG related… but when you mentioned BOF, and how any drama is addictive not because of the looks, but the acting… and the Sorry attempt to remake a US BOF is a perfect example of taking a great Idea… but the poor soul that’s doing it missed the whole point of the Korean version (and other versions too) it wasn’t just the “cool” looking guys, and the cute spunky girl that made the show still one of my favorites. I tried several times to watch the American redo that’s being shown and I just can’t even get completely through one of the show without cringing. And I remember KHJ working really hard to follow the Manga story (sometimes too closely, so he said he had to learn to relax a little more in the role) and his Look and Style Matched to the Character int eh Manga. The same thing in “Kiss”… He basically followed the character in the book… cold and unemotional, then was criticized for it by fans who didn’t have a clue that he was playing the role as It was written.

@cindy_stock - I don’t really like F4 USA guys (their looks) and acting is awful. But I do appreciate their work, they’re trying hard. I guess the professionalism is missing there. They seem to do it for fun…
KHJ as so many other korean actors/actresses is multi-talented, hard worker and very ambitious.
One reason USA BBF is so much more different - that “appetite”, desire and the shortage (absence) of innocence and dignity. I know, USA and EU as well are much more mind opened and will “show” more of a body… but this is exactly why I do like and love korean culture… I see my old self, my teenege years when all things where so different from the new “so evolved” generation of today. Kekek…

The romanian team seems in trouble to translate the title… you see, in this case translating IG will not really fit (no meaning in our language) so we named it in another way. Just wanted to share it with you, it sounds so nicely:
Varsta Sentimentelor - Age of Feelings

LOL… I so totally agree… I do give them a pat on the back for the effort, but to be honest I can’t really assess the acting because I’m so distracted by the bad language, the terrible music, and general degraded atmosphere of the show. I Love Korean and other Asian TV and entertainment because of the conservative views… true, I would like to see a few more kisses in some of my favorite shows, but not the Overt Sexual stuff. There are a lot of People like me that live Middle America and live much more conservative lifestyles that have found a lot to enjoy via the internet from Korea and Asia.

1 Like

YEA Romania!!! just a thank you to all the subbers… You’re all doing a great service to the fans. when I read the language it sort of looks like one of the Romantic languages. (not that I know anything, I can only read and speak English… too old or too dumb to learn anything else.

Did anyone else notice that on today’s Episode 9 that the beginning of the drama was changed. Instead of the Logo of the drama showing up with the Wild Action Orchestra Music playing, and the usual dialogue from the show to excite the fans about what is about to start again… instead we had a very silent start with the footsteps only… and a very subtle beginning to what turned out to be a VERY exciting and game changing Episode. Not sure why… or if it will stay that way… maybe they add the Entrance music and picture after the Episode airs and I just never noticed. News of a new screenwriter added to the group of writers, wonder if that will have any noticeable effect or not?

@cindy_stock - yeah, Romanian has its origin in latin… like italian or even portuguese. I speak en, hungarian and portugues too, but not confident to translate except romanian because that’s my native language.
I am glad that I can help and don’t worry, you’re not dumb just because you speak en only. You can also do great things here on viki.

Korean (other asian osts as well) osts are beyond any compare with that soundtrack :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know if you know this guys but there has been news that actor Song Jae Wook is leaving the drama!!!
The reason has not been specified but ut might be related to the previous scriptwrtiter’s departure :frowning:

I’m VERY Concerned… I loved the ACTOR/Character, and with so many KD the show is going well in the beginning but then takes a turn for the worse. I’d like to know WHY… the reason doesn’t make any sense since he was good enough to start the show… so why isn’t he good enough now? I’m concerned it’s back room politics, that he didn’t tow the line someplace. But I’ll just hold my breath and see what happens… if they bring in other characters that improve the show, but unfortunately the way it happened it makes fans like you and me worry.

I feel a lot better right now after watching Ep 15 with the writer changes… I still would have preferred to see the actor stay… as a competitor for his girls attentions… I really liked him. But in General I see JT’s character develop really well… today’s episode showed him finally making a move… and ACTing… instead of reacting. Making alliances is good… I didn’t like him being out there on his own being tossed around by everyone.