Is there a drama that changed you?

I’m talking about those dramas that leave a powerful message. For example, the main message I got from My Daughter Seo-Young is accepting & learning to forgive.

1 Like

I think the best example of this is the recent drama ‘It’s ok that’s love’ . Many fans of Kdrama were impressed at how they loved it. Autism was dealt with in ‘Can you hear my heart’ and savant autism in ‘Good Doctor’ but mental issues are usually avoided. The fact that these dramas got a lot of attention shows that they touched a part of us that changed our understanding.

4 Likes

That Winter the Wind Blows: DEMAND a blood test when your long lost sibling is found.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s okay that’s love was amazing. Especially at the end Spoilers ahead, obviously when he was doing great in his mental health recovery and he was on the radio. There was that part where the jae yul said along the lines of “rather than asking others, ask yourself, are you really okay?” that left a pretty strong impression on me. So many other good lessons in that drama about love, mental health and just living ugh I can’t get over. Such a great drama.

Spoiled me for sure. How do I or any of us for that matter follow it. Nothing yet has come near that standard it must have bee so great for the actors to have such a wonderful script to use their craft.

Joo Won’s acting in Good Doctor was amazing! I was so happy to see him receive the best actor award for this show. (I’m a big moon chae won fan :))

I have yet to check out, it’s okay, that’s love…although everyone seems to be talking about it.

Scent of a Woman left me reflecting on life itself. How blessed we are to be here, in good health and not to take anything for granted.

I have a few… generally Asian dramas teach you a lot, and also the movies…

It’s okay that’s love was really deep, it helped me understand how people with mental illness have to live and what they have to fight, I admire them now, and also the people who treat them.

In time with you (Taiwan) was like a big love lesson for me, love is not always that far but we sometimes can’t see it. And love and friendship should go together, always. :slight_smile: Also the Taiwanese drama My Queen :slight_smile:

School 2013 was so deep too

I’m being asked if I want to bring this old topic back into prominence.

Duh.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1523853wpp/oh-jung-se-keeps-promise-to-reunite-with-loyal-its-okay-to-not-be-okay-fan?fbclid=IwAR2sjND0VsFxOw0ofJXj1NwXYDvkzYHSz8ittmymmhDPbRQCumVnFHJbwMA

(Soompi)

Oh Jung Se Keeps Promise To Reunite With Loyal “It’s Okay To Not Be Okay” Fan

Apr 26, 2022
by S. Cho
Oh Jung Se recently kept his promise to a loyal fan of “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay”!

During the summer of 2020, Oh Jung Se starred in tvN’s “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay” as Moon Sang Tae, a character who has autism spectrum disorder (ASD). During the drama’s run, Oh Jung Se heard that cellist Bae Beom Joon, who also has a developmental disability, was incredibly touched by his character and wanted to meet Sang Tae. As a result, Oh Jung Se channeled his character as he met with Bae Beom Joon and visited an amusement park together.

In May 2021, Oh Jung Se attended the 57th Baeksang Arts Awards where he won Best Supporting Actor for his role in “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay.” During his acceptance speech, the actor addressed the difficulties of COVID-19 as he shared, “It feels like we’re all walking a very long stove league together. However, a new season begins soon. When that new season starts, Beom Joon, let’s go to the amusement park again.” . . .

This was so touching, so sweet.

This is not unlike what happened during the incredibly time-wasty A Good Supper. The actor who played “Samchon” was the single reason I watched to the end. The way he portrayed a man with cerebral palsy was real, funny, complicated, and compassionate.

It is too bad that the most popular K-drama stars are NOT the ones who are willing to celebrate real people who succeed despite great odds.

5 Likes

That’s true. I watched the video of their meeting when it happened. Nice to know that he met him again :blush:

3 Likes

After seeing Oh Jung Se in The Good Detective, this really warmed my heart…

2 Likes

so surprised to see his character after watching him in IOTNBO and Touch Your Heart, where he played totally different roles… he really is such a versatile actor!

1 Like