Is Viki now my place to rewatch dramas?

Maybe the problem is in the dramas I want to watch but more and more Viki is becoming for me a place where I end up rewatching dramas I already watched elsewhere. Viki used to be the main place where I parked myself to watch highly anticipated dramas as soon as they aired (or maybe a day or a couple of episodes behind) but it’s been several months now since I’ve noticed that Viki gets some popular dramas a while after they’ve already aired.

Take, for example, K!ll Me Love Me. I’ve already watched 11 episodes elsewhere, but Viki will only start airing it in the next three or so days. Of course, I have some vague understanding that there may be licensing issues etc to account for the gap, but I also feel that the service is degenerating from what it used to be. I’m due to renew my annual subscription at the end of this month, and I’m wondering if it’s still worth it. If I’m mostly using here to rewatch dramas, a free account is good enough for that, isn’t it? :thinking:

I remember when I used to have a free account, it was annoying. I could only watch a couple of episodes of a show, with every 10 minutes 2 or 3 adds that were quite long. I wouldn’t want to go back to that, to be honest.

1 Like

Good point! When I first started with a free account the ads didn’t bother me all that much, but I remember there was this one persistent, static ad that was about full 30 seconds long (and you couldn’t cut it short). It was horrible. After a couple of days of trying to watch a drama with that mess, I jumped on to a subscription and didn’t look back … until now.

1 Like

I agree, I wouldn’t want to go back to ads. One reason I might add is that the amount of C-Dramas and K-Dramas have been rolling out slowly. Also, with what they are putting out it doesn’t catch my interest. Unfortunately, I have to agree with you that Viki is somewhere I’m not coming to watch anything new but more so rewatching what I have saved in my watchlist just to pass time when I want to watch something.

1 Like

I also have the problem of not being interested in much of what they’re releasing. I check the Coming Soon list frequently and, nine times out of ten, I see nothing there that appeals to me. And I wish we got more i-QIYI dramas.

1 Like