J-drama recommendation that you would like to see in Viki

You may want to check this thread as well.
https://discussions.viki.com/t/please-license-more-jdrama-tired-face/15805

My very first Jdrama because I didnā€™t dare to watch ā€œ1 litre of tearsā€ (still my all time favorite!) first because everyone said you would cry buckets.

@dudie Mine was 14 sai no haha

Sanada Maru. Absolutely awesome historical and frankly, I had a channel asked for and it got deleted off my profile today. NHK Historical dramas are pretty good - but Sanada Maru was better than a lot of them.

But I would also like to see three linked movies shown here so fans may finally compare all three on the same site:

Seven Samurai - Akira Kurosawa/Toshiro Mifune
Seven Swords - a tribute film to Seven Samurai by an excellent director with yes, Lu Yiā€¦
The Magnificent Seven - USA film with an amazing castā€¦and yes, OPENLY stolen from Seven Samurai!

I have seen all three, naturally, and believe all three films are worth subbing and watching. :slight_smile: All three are different in major cultural ways and yet the story is essentially the same. :slight_smile:

To limit ourselves to one type of Asian drama, or one type of drama - is to not embrace the amazing work throughout the world, which now can be grasped and made available to the rest of our people and enjoyed, compared, and thoroughly loved. :slight_smile:

Though I regularly work with Chinese drama here and some Korean dramas, I would enjoy running a project that did those movies - and a tough one like Sanada Maru.

GeNie of the Lamp Per Ferrum, Ad Astraā€¦