Japanese Dramas

I love Hana Yori Dango! And it’s a request that our licensing team knows the community wants :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nakuna, Hara-chan ^^

1 Like

I’ve been on several sites over the years this is by and far the best one I have come across as far as quality and subbing so anything that is available make me a very happy woman. But yeah there is just something about J-Dramas I absolutely love they sometimes seems a little more over the top and silly well depending on what one it is!! :smiley: It would be great if more were made available but I think more volunteers would be needed otherwise the poor staff would get burnt out D:

1 Like

Do you have any J-Drama recommendations? :smiley:

1 Like

@Kyouria What kind of dramas do you like? Or are you open to everything?

1 Like

Where to begin LOL!! Kk ones that I watched after falling in love with the manga and were a MUST see are: HYD, Hana Kimi, Nana (Movie) Lovely Complex (Movie) Paradise Kiss (Movie and FYI I LOVED how they ended this one), Zettai Kareshi, Ouran High School Host Club, Nobuta Wo Produce, Switch Girl, Otomen, xxxHOLiC and Gokusen,
Others I just LOVED though not necessarily what others may like because it’s older woman younger man themed were: Kimi wa Petto ( fan of Matsumoto Jun), Last Cinderella (Miura Haruma),and Anego (another Shinohara Ryoko she’s one of my fav actresses)
Hmmm Rich Man, Poor Woman (Oguri Shun like his dramas too) and I’m actually going to check out Ranma 1/2 I believe it’s a movie not sure though… ?.?

3 Likes

o_O kk Ranma 1/2 was a movie it was cute but well … LOL not going to make it into my MUST see anytime soon :stuck_out_tongue:

I would love to see on viki, more Jdramas, like
Yamato Nadeshiko Shinchi Henge (I’ll just say… Kamenashi Kasuya)
Zettai Kareshi (its so cute!!)
Hana Kimi (hilarious)
Nobute Wo Produce (again Kame Kun)
Nodame Cantabile (my favorite ever!!)
Hana Yori Dango ( the original BOF )
Kimi Wa Petto (very cool)
Rich Man, Poor Woman ( big fan of Oguri too here!)
and the movie Koizora, to beggin lol :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmm I can’t remember if I’ve seen Nodame Cantabile I know I read the manga and I believe I watched the anime unless I’m getting it mixed up with another one!! :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll have to check the drama out!! :slight_smile:

you have to check it out, the anime was hilarious and my favorite so what I love about the drama is that they actually make sure that everything is the same, so Nodame is hilarious, there is thou more than one season which is perfect!

1 Like

I’ll check it out or rewatch it if I already saw it!!! LOL I’ve seen sooooooooooooooo many dramas sometimes they blur together D:

How can i request for dramas or shows? I’m sorry i’m new to this site thank you :]

It’s funny, most of these I read as anime or watched the Manga… now I will get to rewatch them live action style.
I’ll be adding all of these to my drama list!

BTW Are you watching “Yamada and the 7 witches”?

1 Like

:open_mouth: nuuuuuuuuuuu I didn’t know there was one!!! Another one added to the list!!:smiley:

There’s a new Japanese drama coming soon called Tomomi Itano’s Love Japan Ranking so I guess they’re still opening but it’s managed by viki.

Thanks for all the suggestions! :smiley: Looks like I’ll be busy for a while, haha.

I started watching Yamada-Kun To Nananin No Majo thanks for the suggestion, I like it!!

1 Like

OH goodie! That makes my day! Do you normally like Mangas converted to drams?

I started with mangas, then animes, and then dramas, but if I like the manga normally I’ll search the anime as well, I like Japanese humor is very different from everywhere else, so I’ll read the manga but no necessarily was to have a drama version, but if it does I’ll watch it

Hey that “Yamada-Kun To Nananin No Majo” seems fun. Let’s add it to my to watch list :slight_smile:
I really should watch more Jdrama again but there is to much Kdrama I like.