Jewel in the Palace (Dae Jang Geum)

Hello fans of Jewel in the Palace (DJG),

DJG has been in the process of updating since March,. I am glad to say that we are nearly complete. Segment timing has been adjusted and the Ko-En translations much improved. The Portuguese and Spanish members of The Jewel Polishing Team are following up too now.

If you have never seen this drama, now would be a good time. Many people have seen it many times. Dae Jang Geum tells the tale of an orphaned kitchen cook who went on to become the king’s first female physician. In a time when women held little influence in society, young apprentice cook Jang Geum strives to learn the secrets of Korean cooking and medicine in order to cure the King of his various ailments. It is based on the true story of Jang Geum, the first female royal physician of the Joseon Dynasty. It first aired from September 15, 2003 to March 23, 2004 on MBC, where it was the top program with an average viewership rating of 46.3% and a peak of 57.8% (making it the 10th highest rated Korean drama of all time). Produced for US$15 million, it was later exported to 91 countries and has earned US$103.4 million worldwide, becoming known as one of the primary proponents of the Korean Wave by heightening the popularity of Korean pop culture abroad. <Wikipedia>

Many people have had a hand in updating this classic and I want to sincerely thank all off them, especially Ajumma2, who we couldn’t have done without. Everyone put in a great effort to make it the best possible presentation.

6 Likes

The Jewel in the Palace was my first Korean drama what I’ve seen. This was the series that sparked my interest throughout Korean history, culture. It has a special place in my heart. :smile:

Thanks to the whole team that made it possible to see (again). :clap:

I recommend everyone to watch it, because it’s really a wonderful story!!

4 Likes

thank you for your hard and dedicated work and for made this great drama be understandable to the whole world. You and your team have been doing amazing job!

2 Likes

On behalf of the entire, great, Jewel Polishing Team, we thank you!

2 Likes

The Ko-En translation and segment timing has now been completed on all 54 episodes. Thanks Jewel Polishing Team!

3 Likes

What a classic! I thoroughly enjoyed editing and re-watching this drama. As I already told LACruiser, this drama is the mother of all great dramas!

2 Likes

Good that I see this topic, still must watch this Kdrama :slight_smile: