Jung Yong Hwa (정용화) - Official Thread

Welcome to Jung Yong Hwa’s Viki Discussions thread! Chat about the CNBLUE frontman and star of “Heartstrings” and “The Three Musketeers” here!

BIO: The multi-talented Jung Yong Hwa is a popular South Korean singer-songwriter, guitarist, rapper, producer and actor who has made a name for himself online for being an “ulzzang,” a Korean slang term that has become a subculture for people who have the “best face” or are “good-looking.” Born on June 22, 1989, the star also stylizes his name as Jung Yonghwa, Yong-Hwa, or Yong Hwa. He is the lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist for the rock band CNBLUE. In addition to vocals and guitar, Jung Yong Hwa also plays the clarinet, piano, drums, recorder, synthesizer and beatbox. He made his acting debut in aptly named 2009 television drama “You’re Beautiful” and has gone on to star in many other popular dramas, including “The Three Musketeers” (2014), “Marry Him If You Dare” (2013) and “Heartstrings” (2011).

FUN FACT: Before CNBLUE‘s debut, Yonghwa worked hard to support his bandmates during his first acting gig on ‘You’re Beautiful’. He even paid for Jungshin‘s braces.

Oohhhh, so happy about this thread. He is one of my absolutely favorite people. The man makes me smile. Whenever I am having a bad day(and I have been having many lately) I just watch a CNBlue live performance and I am smiling. His dedication to the music is phenomenal. To me Yonghwa is what they call a ‘triple threat’ music, acting, dancing, and producing. I am so glad I was able to discover the music and all that is because of watching him in You’re Beautiful.

He and CNBLUE have new music coming out next week! I am very excited. I am still waiting to see Three Musketeers, it doesn’t look like Viki will make it available in my area any time soon, though. The two new albums are 2gether and colors. I am not really seeing him doing a drama any time soon but I can’t wait for a world tour, that would be excellent.