[K-DRAMA] Are you watching "Sassy Girl 2017" - Let's Chat! - * SPOILERS *

Hi! Anyone watching “Sassy Girl 2017”? I know we don’t have it on Viki, which is a shame, but if you are watching, let’s chat about it.

I’m loving it so far. Ji Woon is darn adorable in this one. Just finished episode 3 and I can’t wait for ep. 4. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes… I like it so far and I loved the lead actress in Please Come Back Mister when she played a woman whose body gets possessed by a dead man… She was hilarious… The 2 leads have a great chemistry and can do comedy well… *spoilerI think the jade ring belonged to her dead mother who was killed and I think she turned out as sassy because of her mom’s death and also because her step-mom treats her badly… I think the king feels guilty for killing her mom so he lets her do whatever she wants…at least this lead actress isn’t afraid to kiss since I saw her in Shine or Go Crazy with Jang Hyuk and they had a lot of great kissing scenes

1 Like

I had the same thought about the ring. It has to be special to her. The comedy is so on point. I sort of needed some comedy and this hit the spot. it is progressing at a nice pace, too. Not too fast and not too slow. I get a kick out of the dog and his hats. Cracks me up. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you take into account that I hated the original My Sassy Girl, because of the mean bullying of the innocent young man (the fact that the leading girl was hurt etc. was no excuse in my eyes), would you say I’d like this new one? Has this aspect been toned down? Sassy is one thing, abusive is another.

Not sure what to tell you. I don’t think the Princess is abusive here but she has no manners. I do think it is a mask for her and once she falls for our hero, things will change. I find it funny, but that’s me. Here the main lead goes toe to toe with her, so I’m not sure how similar it is to the original.

I would watch one episode and see what you think.

I hesitate because of the older one, just didn’t care for it. I will look at the first episodse and see if it will “grab” me so to speak.
Like Imar said, bullying is no excuse. ( I didnt care for Boys over flowers due to that one thing) BUT i did watch it all the way through and it turned out ok. but this , I will have to look and get back to you. Bullying just doesnt cut it for me.

1 Like

Well, at least, being a Princess of olden times, it is somehow more realistic. Princes and Princesses usually could and would be rude/nasty to people below them, so let’s say it’s more acceptable in a historical context.
I will watch a couple of episodes and see what it does to me.
Right now I’m engrossed in Suspicious Partner and Fight My Way.

Well? She’s gets a bit physical here but nothing offensive I would say. It doesn’t bother me as I don’t think it is abuse. Some people like it, some don’t. The comments go both ways.

[quote] Right now I’m engrossed in Suspicious Partner and Fight My Way.
[/quote]

Not watching either one of those. Left them to marathon when they are done. I got more into Circle and Ruler. Ruler is really good. So sad we don’t have it here.