[K-DRAMA] Bride of Water God - Team Application thread [SOLVED]

About the show:
Release Date: July 3, 2017
Runtime: Mondays & Tuesdays 23:00
“Bride of the Water God 2017” takes over the tvN Mondays & Tuesdays 23:00 time slot previously occupied by "Circle.”
Based on webcomic “Habaekui Shinboo” by Yoon Mi-Kyung (published from May 7, 2012 to December 11, 2014 via cartoon.media.naver.net).
The story is about a young woman who comes from a poor family, and gets paid to take the place of the girl who’s supposed to be sacrificed to the water god from their village that year. But instead of taking her as a sacrifice, the water god falls in love with her and takes her as his bride. He’s been cursed by his first love to transform into a child by day and a man by night, and so even his bride doesn’t realize that both are the same man.
The drama has been promoted as a contemporary spin-off of the manhwa instead of a re-make. The series will relocate the characters and story to modern day Seoul.
Plot: Story about a female psychiatrist named So-ah (Shin Se-kyung) who is dramatically realistic A neuropsychiatrist with her own practice, but is saddled with mountains of debt. She gets offered up as a sacrifice to the water god Ha Baek (Nam Joo-hyuk), and becomes his slave.
Krystal (She’s So Lovable) plays the goddess Mu-ra, who is an official of the god-world water department and is sent to the human world. She has lived among human beings for hundred of years. Because of her beauty, she becomes an actress. She has a one-sided love for Ha Baek, and dislikes So-ah.
Im Joo-hwan (Uncontrollably Fond) plays self-made entrepreneur, CEO of a resort, and Ha Baek’s main rival. He gets on the wrong foot with So-ah initially, but later falls in love with her. The drama is written by Jung Yoon-jung, writer of the dramas Misaeng, Monstar and Arang and the Magistrate. PD is Kim Byung-soo (Nine, Queen In-hyun’s Man, Three Musketeers, Vampire Prosecutor)

What is this thread (and what it isn’t)
I think it’s not very nice to air our laundry (even if it’s clean) in front of visitors and viewers on a channel’s page, when we want to apply as moderators or editors or segmenters.
Therefore I suggest that we make a thread for each project.
Then, please, people who have applied to become CM can write their names here, so that people who want to be in the team can either write here and offer themselves, or write a p.m. if they prefer.
_The idea of this post is for people who wish to be moderators. We can write here what we wish to do and when the Channel Manager is chosen by viki, then s/he can see it. Instead of writing on the channel page as they do now, which is a bit chaotic and where posts can be lost in the midst of all other comments.
Of course we should also send a p.m. to her/him when we get to know her/his name, just in case.
There is no guarantee that the people who applied to be channel managers will read this thread - although most check discussions often - and no guarantee that they will automatically accept the people who applied here.

(I don’t think it’s useful for subbers to apply here, but hey, if you want to, no problem)

Bride of Water God

CMs who applied:.
irmar, ck1oz, dudie, somejuwels
[ I will update this post when people reply ]

If I don’t get the Channel (I doubt it, I am not one of the senior, experienced CMs), can I please be Italian moderator or English moderator?
I am a good choice for English editor, because I live in Europe. Usually Ko-En subtitlers and other English editors are in the U.S and by the time they finish translating they are dead tired, ready to fall asleep. At that time, for me it’s morning, and I’m fresh and ready to edit. The show will be ready for release much sooner if the English editors are in Europe, because they can take over where the subbers have left.

English Team:
Ko-En translators: callmesaena
Chief English editor: cgwm808
English moderator-editor: irmar
English moderator: marykarmelina

Other language moderators
Spanish:dannyelita32_368 (mod or subber)
German: somejuwels
French: justine_desmoulins
French translator: moreenke
Italian: irmar
Indonesian: yellowheart
Slovak: elnbe
Polish: nanamiiii
Portuguese: anryumi
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa324/girlfridaydb/news/2015/BrideWaterGod1.jpg

2 Likes

I already predicted it would happen honestly because now people don’t know who to PM. I also received PM’s like “If you get this channel I want this position.”
Personally I decided to wait with offering my segging skills until the CM is known for the projects I’m interested in.

For this drama I applied to be the CM, too. But I don’t think, I will be accepted, because I’m not so experienced, I was the CM for Whisper and this was my very first korean channel and second one ever.

When I applied, 5 others applied before me. :slight_smile:

Hi I apply for being spanish moderador but if I ca´nt I wish to be co- moderador or Spanish subber. Can I? How I know if I can or no?

You will know once we know who was chosen to be C.M. I created this thread, but I’m only one of the many who applied. When the C.M. has been decided, s/he will choose.

1 Like

I think it would be interesting if you are the CM irmar. I am No.3 in line for Secret Forest.
I will always happily work under most editors.

1 Like

The Channel Manager has been chosen, it’s Dudie, so if you need to apply, you can write to her.

1 Like

Does this mean this drama is licensed? If so, is it known for which regions?

I’m looking forward to it.

No license so far… fill in the form: https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

I will not check this topic to see if someone applied for a position. Before PMing me do check the community wall of the channel for this drama. (Do PM me on the main site, my forum inbox won’t be checked for applications either, why do we even have 2 inboxes on Viki?!). I keep getting PM’s for subbing in Spanish, Portuguese and French while there is a moderator for that position already.