[K-DRAMA] Tunnel - Discussion & Spoiler Talk - Beware! šŸ˜

We have 4 episodes left of this awesome drama and many things may happen not only to our hero, Park Kwang Ho, but the rest of the team as well. The serial killer has to be revealed to the others and Kwang Ho needs to apprehend him in the past or help his buddies in the future do it.

Letā€™s share here any ideas we have as to what we think may happen in the upcoming episodes. Any theories are welcomed.

Please remember there will be spoilers hereā€¦so if you donā€™t want any spoilers, please donā€™t read.

Iā€™ll get it started with a theory of mine. I think Kwang Ho is going to enlist the help of Reporter Oh to give the team some clues in the futures. He knew that Professor Shin was going to do a profile for the murderer and was going to aid herself of newspaper clippings. What better way to tell them who the killer is than to put it in the paper. Kwang Ho has to find a way to communicate now that heā€™s in the past, so what better way than through Reporter Oh.

Your thoughtsā€¦

There could be another way - Kwang Ho knows now that there was an eyewitness. And knows a few things that the vitims had in commen, so he can make kind of a ā€œwarningā€.
What else, he can change the life of so many - maybe save his wife, protecting his daughter from being adopted, Sun Jae from becoming a police man, Jung Ho Young from becoming a murderer ā€¦

I think more than reporter Oh, Jung Ho Young could be the key ā€¦

But letā€™s wait and see - Finally it is friday, hurray!

Btw. episode 13 is not up yet, or am I wrong, when I start ep 12, the link for ep 13 is blue and if I click on it, it will load say that subtitleling process is ongoing, but at the top it says not available bla, bla, bla.

It never happened to me, so I donā€™t know. Is today*s episode there or not, there is no picture showing either but the channel says 13 episodes. I am puzzled.

Not until about 20 hrs from now. :slight_smile: It says ā€œtodayā€ since it is 5:42am in S. Korea.

Thanks, that TODAY always irritates me and I donā€™t know why I suddenly thought it was a friday and saturday airing drama. Itā€™s almost midnight here, so I going to catch up on some sleep.

I totally forgot that Reporter Oh was a characterā€¦ we have not seen him in a long time.
I really like how he went back to 1980ā€™s but then what will happen to his relationship with all the characters in present time? >.<
I guess thatā€™s why the writers decided to kill Ho Young offā€¦ so that he can go back in time and talk with the young Ho Young.
I just hope they reveal why he went back in time/what was the trigger.

I want to know that too. Why did he travel in time and why did it happen during a fight. Should be interesting to see how the writers resolve all the loose ends. Canā€™t wait! :slight_smile:

I totally forgot about the survivor - the 5 dots girl -
And I forgot the point that Kwang Hoā€™s police station burned down and was ā€œdissolvedā€.

I was so happy for him going back, but what the ā€¦ He is back in the future again? I am getting nervous now.

Oh yep I screamed too out loud. He had a perfect situation when he returned to his own time and again he acted impulsively by going after Mok alone. I think Mirna may be right and reporter Oh may come looking for him and write an article about the witness. I cried for his poor wife begging him to stay home and yet again heā€™s gone. He really had to stop Mok back in '86 to rectify his own position never mind all those people he would have saved.

Just as long as they do it well Mirna, they tend to leave wrapping up the loose ends to the last minute and it spoils the whole drama for me. I prefer a slow burn bringing each thread to itā€™s conclusion one by one and the final episode showing the viewer how this affects the characters the writer introduced at the start. I do have some confidence as Itā€™s OCN they usually do a better job than the others as TvN do also. I tend to only follow these networks as the standard is better.

If the premise is ā€˜one cannot change the pastā€™ then his return to '17 makes sense. My thoughts are a bit sad so. He and the young guy will get the Doc, the papers will report his death back in '86 and the daughter will be happy she learned the truth.

I think he travelled in time because the first time he chased the killer in the tunnel he said something like " I will chase you until I catch you no matter how long it takes even if it is 30 years"

1 Like

I was yelling for him to round around the tunnel when he was chasing the killer that time so he wouldnā€™t go back to the future

everyone did you know there was another , well movie. called tunnel, 2016? I just found out! entirely different than the one we are talking ab out here. has anyone seen it? um Netflix has it.

I did but the synopsis says it is about a guy who gets stuck in a tunnel after an accident and how he survives so it didnā€™t sound interesting like the TV show that had time travel and crime story

thanks for that info! I like the sci fi one better, the one we are discussing.