Kdrama recommendations please - crime/corruption themes

I am super excited to hear those two shows are similar to K2. The Player sounds right up my street (makes me think of a movie called Now You See Me) but unfortunately it’s not available in my region…but hey, it’s still making it on my to watch list.

1 Like

Someone above mentioned Cold Eyes, I whole heartedly agree with this. Another good crime movie is Commitment

Some of my favorites in the Crime genre are…

slow paced, but the acting is amazing, I love Nam Da Reum in this (the ML as a kid)

This one’s about a serial killer, so not sure if it fits your criteria

not political at all, just crime

Has anyone mentioned Suspicious Partner?

I just remembered a couple of Choi Jin Hyuk crime dramas, I haven’t finished the first two, what I did watch I liked, and I’m not sure about the last one, but it has a decent rating. Not on Viki, but Rugal is definitely crime and corruption, but it’s another one I haven’t finished. (I couldn’t tell you how long my on-hold list is)

2 Likes

And I love Confidential Assignment but not on VIKI

2 Likes

Yes, it’s a teensy bit like Now You See Me! Team of con-artists. But no fancy magic tricks :grimacing: There’s a hacker, a guy who beats up people, a girl who can drive anything and the brains behind every operation. And loads of comedy in between.

1 Like

I think you’ve just sold me the next kdrama to watch! This sounds like a dream team cast haha.

1 Like

but I always give everyone who watches this one warning: THERE IS NO ROMANCE.
I actually stopped watching about three episodes in because I was disappointed over the lack of romance (I started shipping two characters but realized it’s more of a sibling relationship).

Once I got over it, I LOVED the drama. I stopped even wanting romance because the way they treat the FL like their younger sister is ADORABLE. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: they’re a bunch of annoying siblings, competing with each other for “Favorite Oppa” status with her :joy: it was really wholesome.

Hope you like it!

1 Like

Well Viki had

• Crime Squad 38 which is called 38 Task Force and some other.

It’s a well done Crime/Police drama with the handsome Seo In Guk.

This is one a political corruption drama, really well done:

and this is good as well, it’s about power/money corruption:

It used to be titled “Neighborhood Lawyer Jo” why was it changed and to Mr. Joe which is more american sounding??? I even asked to fix this, lol :rofl: but no, I think it’s because of Kocowa.

2 Likes

So I just finished watching Pinocchio a couple days ago and :open_mouth: it was quite an emotional rollercoaster. I’m so glad the truth was able to come out, but the risky sacrifice of Seo Beom-Jo was so moving. (I tried really hard to dislike his character but it was near to impossible - he just has this certain charm aha).

I’m in awe of how “forgiving” they are towards Song Cha-Ok, and it’s heart breaking how the two brothers didn’t get the happy reunion :sleepy: I feel like there’s scope of a season two, but to be honest, the ending gave enough closure. We saw them happily in love with family acceptance, and the main culprits locked away.

(I did a blog review if any of you are interested)

I’ve now started watching Itaewon…I want to punch a certain someone really hard…

I’ve got to the point where Jo Yi-Seo and Park Seo-Ro-Yi cross paths exactly seven years on!

This is not one about corruption but it is a crime/mystery/romance/fantasy. I love it.

1 Like

Great acting on everyone’s part. I enjoyed it but just so we’re clear, there’s no romance. Only slight flirting.

There are 4 seasons with 58 episodes combined. It’s crime/suspense and probably everything else in between. I only watched season 1 since it’s a lot of heavy crimes involved. It’s so popular other countries made adaptations of their own.

2 Likes

This is the one I am watching now. It is so heavy at times that I feel overwhelmed for the main characters.
It is a great drama though!!

2 Likes

I’ve managed to watch Mad Dog and I loved it!

3 Likes

Very glad you liked it! The acting is top notch. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Forgive me if this has already been recommended. I tried to scan to see. This drama is suspenseful. It has a great cast. There are things in this drama that are traumatic. Sometimes I only watched one episode a day but that is me. I would tell you why but that would be a spoiler.
I often can guess who the culprit is in a crime/drama. This is one of those I did not know until revealed. It was so exciting that I might watch this drama again!

1 Like

" . . . What can go wrong when the bad boy and the crazy guy join forces?
Sadly, this drama is not available here. Check out comments on MDL.

1 Like

I don’t know if anyone already suggest this one, but one of my favourite kdrama (with crimes and corruption) is Stranger (released in 2017) :smiley:

2 Likes

NX bought off the rights so Viki stood no chance. Would have been great if they did.

1 Like

I remember watching Stranger on Dra ma Fev er back in 2017. It was a great drama with an excellent cast. Really too bad Viki couldn’t get it.

God’s Quiz has four ‘seasons’. The last was broadcast on OCN in 2014.

Bad Prosecutor stars: D.O., Lee Se Hee, Ha Jun

Nobody Knows stars:
Ryu Deok Hwan, Kim Seo Hyung, Park Hoon, Ahn Ji Ho