Known issue: Viki.com and subtitle editor not loading

Continuing the discussion from [Solved] Known issue: Black background on titles of featured shows on Viki.com:

It doesn’t seem solved to me.

My profile first shows up like this:
afbeelding

And after refreshing it becomes this:

afbeelding

But worst of all is the subtitle editor:

afbeelding

1 Like

Hi @mirjam_465, thanks for the tag! This is different from the issue you linked in your post.

Could you try clearing your browser cache and cookies, then reload the page?

1 Like

At first I could still see the subtitle editor, though with the error message, but now I get the page shown above when I try to go there.

Yeah, I’ll try that.

Hi:) This is how my page looks, the drama page and the editor. I tried to clear my browser cache and cookies and it still the same…

1 Like

Thanks all for highlighting this issue! Our engineers are having a look. Stay tuned!

1 Like

I cleared my browser and restarted the computer, but now I get this:

afbeelding

afbeelding

1 Like

My homepage looks like that too

1 Like

It seems normal again (still holding my breath):

afbeelding

Profile page seems normal as well:

afbeelding

And even the subtitle editor is working again:

afbeelding

Thank you, @jeslynl :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same here. After I clicked on profile, everything went back to normal.

1 Like

Mine works - Using Mozilla Firefox, if that matters and Win 10.

2 Likes

I’m using the same, but until a few seconds ago mine didn’t work. Luckily, now it does. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@jeslynl I had server error for like 20 min perhaps 3 hrs ago, I deleted cookies cache and flushed dns and it worked again. (Using Opera browser)
A little footnote, is the Gold QC badge given in alphabetic order, is it perhaps the reason I haven’t gotten mine yet?

Regarding flushing DNS and why:
https://geeksadvice.com/flush-dns/

After browser clearing and rebooting mine initially still didn’t work, until I closed Viki and restarted it.

Alphabetic order of the username? Probably not, since I got mine earlier than someone with a D.

1 Like

I also hadn’t gotten mine when it seemed like everyone else had gotten it, so I put in a request at the help center and then they added it to profile very quickly :smiley: They do it manually, so they may have forgotten a few profiles.

3 Likes

That’s interesting that they would forget an user, isn’t that somehow automatically generated according tu sub or seg count… I file then a ticket… thanks for the tip…