Lawyers & prosecutors and such

I have been watching some awesome dramas about these folks, so how come we find a “rotten apple” in the bunch? are they all bad? well I know they aren’t but gosh, seems like every time I watch one, someone is bad!

I watched legal high, that I thought was really neat. now perfect partner, these folks really are something! one does it for money, and yes the girl fights back then the other is so knowledgeable, about the law and better than the lawyer, so both these guys are fired, and they do something else, those girls trail right along, Lovee these writers is all I can say! oh not to forget the judges, wow! again are they al bad??

Well, I guess if the main subjects is law and law people then it wouldn’t be interesting enough to watch without a villain. The villain could be one of the group, or the people getting prosecuted.
However, there are dramas which do have good lawyers and judges, such as I Hear Your Voice, although it’s a fantasy drama, and the lawyer at the beginning wasn’t a good one, but she wasn’t exactly corrupt either. But all the lawyers, prosecutors and judges in her circle (except one) were decent people.
But again, I think my example was an drama older than what you could be talking about.

yes I watched that one, was really good too. Its just that I watch some of these and some bad guys! even the USA one “suits” was good at first and gone downhill. like I said so many of them!! but yes drama was still good, and they corrected stuff like it should be.

Since you’re talking of American content, let me share my favourites.
Legal Eagles starring Robert Redford, Debra Winger and Daryl Hannah.
The Verdict (1982), directed by Sidney Lumet and written by David Mamet from Barry Reed’s novel of the same name. It stars Paul Newman, Charlotte Rampling, Jack Warden, James Mason. A down-on-his-luck alcoholic lawyer accepts a medical malpractice case to improve his own situation, but discovers along the way that he is doing the right thing.

A Civil Action is a 1998 American legal drama film written and directed by Steven Zaillian, based on the book of the same name by Jonathan Harr. Starring John Travolta and Robert Duvall, it tells the true story of a court case about environmental pollution that took place in Woburn, Massachusetts, in the 1980s.

The Firm is a 1993 American legal thriller film directed by Sydney Pollack and starring Tom Cruise, Jeanne Tripplehorn, Gene Hackman, Ed Harris, Holly Hunter. It is based on the 1991 novel of the same name by John Grisham.

…And Justice for All. a 1979 American courtroom drama film directed by Norman Jewison and starring Al Pacino, Jack Warden, and John Forsythe. The Oscar-nominated screenplay was written by Valerie Curtin and Barry Levinson.

Erin Brockovich is a 2000 American biographical film directed by Steven Soderbergh and written by Susannah Grant. The film is a dramatization of the true story of Erin Brockovich, portrayed by Julia Roberts, who fought against the energy corporation Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E).

And of course, although it’s not “only” a legal film,
Kramer vs. Kramer is a 1979 American legal drama film written and directed by Robert Benton, based on Avery Corman’s novel. The film stars Dustin Hoffman, Meryl Streep, Jane Alexander and Justin Henry. It tells the story of a couple’s divorce, its impact on their young son, and the subsequent evolution of their relationship and views on parenting.

To stay in the k-drama realm, I enjoyed Suspicious Partner and most of all Room n. 9 with three excellent main actors.
Terrific acting by the wonderful Lee Sung Min and a compelling story in Memory. Make sure you’ll watch this one, you’ll be glad you did.
You can find a virtuous prosecutor against an immoral lawyer in While You Were Sleeping, but the drama is lukewarm: nice and pleasant to watch but nothing to write home about.

I heard good things about Defendant but I haven’t watched it.

2 Likes

Oh, I love it Erin B. and Kramer vs. Kramer. :heart_eyes:
Suspicious Partner and WYWS, so good! Ah, and I hear your voice. :blush:

1 Like

Well, I guess they wouldn’t do a drama about the corruption if there wasn’t corruption. I have seen a few kdramas about law; however, I don’t watch too many because they get repetitive and I get so worked up about the injustice and corruption that I decided I needed a break. Nonetheless, I don’t mind a few now and then.

And the 1995 kdrama “Sandglass” has a main character who doesn’t believe in taking bribes and he is rather righteous (too righteous, I think, based off of the decision he makes in the end of the drama. I couldn’t like him for it).

If you like American trial dramas, 12 Angry Men is a great one. Both versions are good, whichever one you can find is great. It deals with the prejudice in juries and how one man convinces the others to lay down their prejudices and look at the accused with objection and humanity.

Yes 12 angry men many years ago, I was facinated with it! I haven’t gotten into whisper or your honor, thats on my list now yes, New trial on my list too. I started watching it and never finished, yeah about repetitions, perfect partner reminds me of legal high, and even suite! but still good

erin brockvich was one of my favorites way back when, Kramer vs kramer, outstanding! yes I hear your voice was very good too my cute one was suspicious partner, watching it for the second time.

now I remember lawless lawyer and what abut neighborhood lawyer awww dont remember the name at the moment. now he was a fine one to my liking! he went after the bad ones!! sorry I don’t remember the name and justice for all. and the firm was another outstanding one! I am sure there are more as well and most of these mentioned were the good kind that did go after the bad ones!!

1 Like

This is one of my favorites but I didn’t mention it because it does involve corruption. And While You were Sleeping is also one of my top 5 favorites. Looks like I’ve been a fan of legal dramas without noticing…

2 Likes

JUROR 8//// I REALLY LIKED THIS ONE, ALTHOUGH SOME PARTS WERE SIMPLY RIDICULOUS. BUT I RECOMMEND THE DRAMA BC IS GOOD.

2 Likes

I started watching Juror 8 but stopped. guess I need to finish it!

2 Likes

You should finish watching bc is not great but is good enough to see the end.

1 Like