Learning Korean :)

Hi @ady_313,

They’re all free :slight_smile: I highly recommend Talk To Me In Korean. It has so many resources and a pre-established curriculum that you can follow from the beginning to the advanced level.

Also, not sure where you live, but there’s a website called Abebooks that helps you find the cheapest copies of the books you’re looking for on Amazon. I was able to buy my Integrated Korean textbook for about $8 CAD and Colloquial Korean for $5. Both are used but show very little wear and tear.

No worries. It happens to the best of us.

Click on the 3 dots beside the “reply” button. An option to delete your post should show up from there :smiley:

Awesome! Thanks so much youraverageangel ! :blush:

I like books with animation can you recommend some books like that for me?

Hey Folks!

I am glad to announce that Viki has updated the new Learn Mode feature to improve it based on the feedback from a lot of you. You can now use learn mode to support your language learning endeavours for both Chinese & KOREAN! The feature still includes favorites like dual subtitles and segment navigation.

In addition though this new update includes the following:

• Learn mode is now available for any subtitle language with more than 50% subtitles for a video. This means that you can now learn Korean or Chinese even if you are not an English speaker. This opens a lot of interesting language combinations such Korean-Spanish or Chinese-French & many more!

• The UI has now been revamped to make the text more readable & easy to understand.

For more information on using learn mode please refer to: https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/articles/231829048-How-to-use-Learn-Mode-

Here are a few titles for which learn mode is available, so get started today!

From Korea:

Boys Over Flowers

The Legend of the Blue Sea

My Love from the Star

Moonlight Drawn by Clouds

Kill me, Heal me

From China:

My Sunshine (Director’s Cut) 何以笙箫默

The Lost Tomb 盗墓笔记

My Best Ex-Boyfriend 最佳前男友

2 Likes

You could add two Korean films,
The Wedding Day
https://www.viki.com/videos/217882v-the-wedding-day
and Kinship
https://www.viki.com/videos/217885v-kinship

The dual subtitles (Korean+other language) do work fine. But hovering with the mouse, a word becoming highlighted while the video pauses, and stuff being shown… nope, it doesn’t happen.

1 Like

Hi, I know this post is old, but would you be so kind as to still send me the .pdf files, if the offer still stands.
My email address is maxwell.niklaus@gmail.com
Thank you in advance

There is an app called k-drama that help you learn with actors from your fav kdramas. It is so much fun :blush:

1 Like

Stickers for the keyboard? Great idea!

:pray: awesome. Cool

Cc est tu coréen ?

A website with Korean learning resources from a self-learner:

Using Viki Learn Mode (after reaching a certain level) and other tips from a self-learner:

1 Like

I use Duolingo it really helps and I’ve learnt a lot from it and you can also learn different languages on it

3 Likes

Man…I would love to learn Korean one day so well so that way I can take my best friend there and see all the amazing places there! :grinning:

2 Likes

I want to do the same thing!! :sweat_smile: Both my best friend and I are kdrama addicts, and we’ve been planning that for months now :joy: though we’re so broke we might have to swim to get there

2 Likes

and your best friend of course is you. yes I am learning Korean too

1 Like

I am broke too lmaooo but I might wanna start saving and learn that language. :grin:

are any of you using penpal type apps to learn Korean with a partner and teach them your language? I’m thinking of joining one and wondering if anyone here has any experience/ feedback about them?

No, I haven’t used that app to learn Korean with anyone. I hope to try that and maybe find someone who also has any experience. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I just noticed that for extra respect, guys say “Hyung-nim” or “Noonim” but I never hear women say “Oppa-nim” or “Unnim”. Is it a thing or have I just not watched enough dramas??

1 Like