Lee Soo Hyuk (이수혁) - Official Thread

Welcome to Lee Soo Hyuk’s Discussions thread! Chat about the South Korean model-actor, whose filmography includes roles in “King of High School” and “Valid Love” here!

FUN FACT: Two of his close friends are Big Bang’s G-Dragon and T.O.P. On the program “Strong Heart,” he spoke about their friendship. When they get together they like to drink and watch movies. He and singer-actor T.O.P. talk about acting.

3 Likes

Okay, so after seeing that Kim Woo Bin had an offical thread, I had to search and see if Lee Soo Hyuk had one, too. And he does!

Anyways, I finished watching White Christmas recently, and I was blown away by his acting. Moody, tormented, yet surprisingly insightful, his character touched a note in me that hasn’t been sounded in a long while–the Byronic hero. Sure, his character isn’t exactly a Byronic hero, but the concept was somewhat similar. I haven’t sympathized with a dark/moody/tormented Kdrama character in a long time–the character that stands out the most would have to be Wang So from Scarlet Heart: Ryeo.

I also found out that Lee Soo Hyuk plays as Gwi the evil vampire from Scholar Who Walks the Night. Although I haven’t seen it, I am sure he does an amazing job. He has the vampire vibe, but in a good way :smiley:
And he kind of reminds me of Loki from the Thor and Avengers movies…:thinking:

2 Likes

He was good in “Scholar Who Walks the Night”. I wonder if he ever watched the Bela Lagosi movies from the 1930’s. Can hardly believe it’s been nearly 90 years since these movies began. I watched his movies as a child in the 60’s.
I really liked his enigmatic character in “What’s Up?” (2015). Wish Viki could get that drama. I watched it on Drama Fever in 2011. And WOW! Oh Man-seok and Jo Jung-suk can really sing.

3 Likes

A rare one. Leading man/idol for sure plus a really good, subtle, and naturalistic actor.

Not a flower boy type, not a chaebol type, not an anything type, just someone who can inhabit any role believably.

2 Likes

He has the most deep, and sexy voice and a unique attractiveness. I hope he gets ML roles.

2 Likes

I like him - His Stoic - Sexy - Sultry Voice - He just has to sit there and drink a beer and WHOOSH sexiness! Enjoying him in DOOM at your SERVICE!
Photo CTTO

1 Like

Just want to say.

Cheekbones.

1 Like