Let's talk about indian tv shows/movies

I thought just like Korean show, the names of Bollywood movies also must be englishized for international fans.
How 도깨비 is Goblin but Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gam
is Kabhi Khushi!

1 Like

No problem, I like musicals!

1 Like

On the streaming app I watched it:

20200914_084325

20200914_084343

No translation on the app, but if I look for the title, Google shows me the title in French like “The Indian family.” I don’t know if that’s the correct translation.

On Viki, Goblin is translated as “Gobelin” in my language, which is correct.

I don’t know on Viki if:

• all titles are translated
  • in main languages only?

According to Google Translate the title means “Sometimes happiness, sometimes sorrow”.

2 Likes

Luckily their English is understandable, unlike in Chinese and Korean media.
I recently watched one called “Dear Zindagi”, which you may like because it’s not a romance, it’s a girl and her psychologist who helps her figure out stuff. I could swear 50% was English.

1 Like

Thanks for the recommendation! I’m going to add here what was suggested previously, so I don’t have to look for many topics

2 Likes

Second part:

1 Like

Let me add two films as well.

PK Story about an alien who visits Earth but is trapped inside the religious beliefs of people in India and finds it difficult to return back because of one such belief.

Kabhi Alvida Na Kahna (Never say goodbye) I’d just say, if you like to cry while watching movies, this should lead the list of such movies.

1 Like

I also love the movies but I did enjoy one tv show that viki previously had: Geet. For some reason the show disappeared though. It would be awesome if they would bring it back. Like I am almost desperate to see that drama again. I found the videos at another site but I definitely need subs to understand what is going on.

2 Likes

@cancer16

I worked on Geet (long while back) here at viki [English/Spanish subtitles] and was also upset when the drama disappeared with no explanation. I have been looking for it at other sites with no luck since we were almost at the ending when it was rudely taken out. I had no closure since I don’t know how it ends :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I don’t know if it was the same drama since I can’t remember the rest of the title (it wasn’t only Geet that much I remember) Well, we might not be talking about the same indian drama

1 Like

Just curious, were there enough people to translate from Hindi to English back then?

1 Like

I don’t think so, but we had a person that worked endlessly, tirelessly in this indian dramas. It was her obsession, and she made sure those tamil (not hindi) to English subtitles were done very fast. I don’t know if she’s around here anymore, but if I’m not mistaken she went by the name of rosemarythyme.

3 Likes

That would be great. For shows that we want on Viki, there is a form if you’d like to request it, but we can’t tell if that is going to be on Viki unfortunately:

1 Like

It is a remake of Telugu movie Shankar dada MBBS.

1 Like

Two of my favourite movies are Zindagi na milegi dobara and dil chahta hai…
Both are excellent and fun

1 Like

Oh yes!!
I watched Tamil movie Maara a week ago…though I felt there was not much to the story and the romance development was a little weird, I absolutely LOVED the cinematography!! Everything was done so well :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: each shot was so beautiful!
also watched Rang De Basanti with the family again…pretty good movie-- I seriously fell for Madhavan’s character in that one :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I really liked KGF-Chapter 1 and its a recent one . I recommend u guys to watch it if u get its subbed version. Most movies mentioned here are old ones so i wanted to suggest u some recent ones :slightly_smiling_face::relaxed: its second part is also gonna release soon

2 Likes

Actually its a kannada movie
It is dubbed in all indian languages including hindi,telugu,tamil and malayalam.

Waiting!
I think it will be onscreens next year!
Salaaam rocky bhai :boom::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

1 Like

oh my mistake :relaxed: i changed it and yeah i am crazily waiting :partying_face:

1 Like