Let's talk about the Reviews and Ratings!

(s)he took it to a whole new level… Please don’t let this become a thing, the excessive emoji’s in the TCs are already a pain sometimes :laughing:.

4 Likes

Let the emoji art war begin! :joy:

Reminds me of the early 2010s when emojis were introduced. All the comment sections for stuff was filled with interesting creations.

3 Likes

Is Viki bringing this back or is it just a new bug?

This is the comments page for episode 29 of Young Lady And Gentleman https://disqus.com/home/discussion/vikiorg/episode_29_77/

But I do not see any way of going there via the video player.

2 Likes

Came here to complain about the 1 star ratings based on the subs not being available, but it seems this is an ongoing problem for years now :sweat_smile: Guess I’ll have to get used to it…

4 Likes

Strange. Like the Disqus was not inactivated for individual episodes at Disqus itself, but it has been at Viki.com.

2 Likes

Was there any real reason they removed comments from each episode? Was it because of spoilers or some other reason?

1 Like

Actually, potential spoilers started causing havoc after they removed comments under the individual episodes, since all the comments were directed under the main title.

Real reason is Viki wanted to moderate the comments to remove sub-whiners since we struggled with them so much, it took serious time away from subbing. Although new comments were automatically taken into quarantine if they used a wrong word (subtitle, translate etc.), I’m guessing old ones needed to be reviewed manually. Viki drastically reduced the number of pages to check, and this process went hand in hand with the development of the new whole-screen video player (before you could watch an episode in a smaller format, with comments bellow).

5 Likes

I totally agree with you Ruth14. I’m new on Wiki and I’ve had the same feeling about reviews for upcoming movies or series. I don’t think people should be able to rate an upcoming creation. I hope Viki will remove the rating option on those upcoming films.

3 Likes

Ahhh I forgot about the whiners. It’s worse when they dm demanding subs.

I liked the comments under each episode to thank the contributors. It’s also nice to have a place to bring up a point that might’ve been confusing during the episode. To get other opinions or to get clarification for context where subs didn’t explain enough.

3 Likes

There is even one for Red Sleeve episode 5:
https://disqus.com/home/discussion/vikiorg/the_red_sleeve_episode_5/

I share all the same annoyances and frustrations with the ratings and reviews that have already been discussed, but I saw a new one today that blew me away, and I had to share it.

This person rated the drama as a 1 star and said the following:

“I want to se this but due to viki pass I couldn’t, so please remove it, I m beging you.”

I was speechless after reading this. :woman_facepalming:t4:

3 Likes

There’s all sorts of weirdos out there.

3 Likes

So basically no one else can enjoy the drama either… wow.

2 Likes