Looking for Hangeul Lyrics ( 한글 가사) of a Song- White Valentine (1999)

When I first watched the Korean movie “White Valentine (1999)” because of the presence of my favorite sassy actress, then the movie looked very plain to me; And as I didn’t know a bit of Korean back then, perhaps for that reason, any soundtrack wasn’t ear-catching to me! But after a long time, when I found the OST, those old fashioned soundtracks seemed so pleasing to ears! And specially the ending song " 첫눈 내리는 날-The day of First Snowfall /White Valentine"- by Kim Yong Guk brought tears to my eyes at nights! So strange- I never cried hearing any song anytime!
After that, I searched a lot for full Hangeul lyrics of this old song, but couldn’t find any trace!
Here’s the first four lines I can assume from my basic Korean knowledge-
첫 눈이 내리던 날,
너와 내가 약속했던 우리 사랑,
두 손을 (어께?) 모와
우리 사랑 변하 못기를 기도했지
I would be so grateful, if anyone can kindly provide the full hangeul lyrics :slight_smile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ_Rl3k5iOQ

첫 눈이 내리는 날에 그대와 두 손을 잡고
On the day of the first snowfall with you I am holding two hands and
흑백 영화 속 주인공처럼 사랑이 이뤄진다는 전설을 만들어 봐요
creating a legend of what love does like the main characters in a black and white movie.
함박눈이 내려요
Large snowflakes are falling

첫 눈이 내리는 날에 그대와 두 손을 잡고
On the day of the first snowfall with you I am holding two hands and
흑백 영화 속 주인공처럼 사랑이 이뤄진다는 전설을 만들어 봐요
creating a legend of what love does like the main characters in a black and white movie.
함박눈이 내리는 날에
On the day large snowflakes are falling

여기에 모인 우리들 모두 하나가 되어 함박 웃음 지어 보아요
Gathered here we all become one and have a big smile
이제 힘겨워 하지마 그대여 울지 말고 사랑해요 우리 함께
Don’t struggle now and instead of crying, love. Us together.

I’m afraid- did I post/do something wrong? :sweat:

Many thanks, but I’m afraid- it’s a different song :frowning:

Hi rifat,
I had originally posted a link to the song lyrics but when I came in later and tried opening the link, it didn’t work. So that’s why I deleted my original reply.

I’ve been able to copy the lyrics for you here.

White Valentine (김용국)

첫눈이 내리던 날
너와 내가 약속했던 우리 사랑

두손을 곱게 모아
우리 사랑 변함 없기를 기도 했지

그 후로 몇 해가 지났을까
우리의 사랑이 희미한 기억에 묻혀지진 않았나
시간이 갈수록 허전한 내 마음 달래줄 너의 웃음은 어딜 갔나

첫눈이 내리던 날 미소짓는 너의 모습에 한숨 쉬며~…
이제는 잊혀져갈 우리 둘의 모든 약속들 잊을거야…~

그 후로 몇 해가 지났을까
우리의 사랑이 희미한 기억에 잊혀지진 않았나
시간이 가면 갈수록 허전한 내 마음 달래줄 너의 웃음은 어딜 갔나

처음으로 되돌아 가볼까
너만을 사랑한단 말부터

난 너에게만 나에게
우리 사랑을 고백 해 보자고

우리의 사랑이 영원하게 할 수 있도록
너와나 손을 맞잡고 다시 기도하자고 눈 오는 밤

우리의 사랑이 영원하게 할 수 있도록
너와나 손을 맞잡고 다시 기도하자고 눈 오는 밤

우리의 사랑이 영원하게 할 수 있도록
너와나 손을 맞잡고 다시 기도하자고 눈 오는 밤 우-

3 Likes

Woww!yess! Thank you so so much @ajumma2 with a lot of heartiest love! :slight_smile: Now I can translate this song to my language, I can sing this heartfelt song myself! Thanks, thanks :smile: :smile:
The other breaking news of today for me is - Jun Ji-Hyun is pregnant with her second child! although it seemed shocking to me at first sight (waiting for new project,and whatt??)… but later thought, she’s getting 36,it must be wise decision to carry a daughter or another son right now… and as if she’s saying to me- ‘If everything goes well as expected, I’ll be sure to comeback after giving birth to your niece or another nephew -so meanwhile checkout and revise my previous works and finish your study well!’ -lol,lol! Lame enough, but an eid day with such pleasure,thanks :smile:

2 Likes

Well yes, it’s one pregnancy right after the other, but on the other hand I understand that she doesn’t want to wait too long at her age. Although it’s possible to have children for many years after 40 and after 50, it’s not very wise to wait too long, because the possibilities for Down syndrome and other problems increase dramatically with every year starting from 32. And, to be truthful, your energy to deal with children starts to wane as well. Plus you don’t want them to have too wide a gap, so that they will play together without one bossing the other.
So let’s wish her an easy pregnancy and childbirth and a healthy child. And all success for her next project.

2 Likes