Looking for Viki Segmenters

Thank you for replying! I’m sorry I was unaware of this fact. I’ll come back to you after I successfully pass the Ninja Segmenting academy !

6 Likes

Hello! My name is Joicy Kalane (joiicykalane_843),I would really like to contribute with captions and segmentation. I am available for 3 hours per week. I love dramas, and I want to be part of it.

Apply here: Ninja Academy Segmenting Student Application Form

3 Likes

Hello everybody! My name is Joicy, and I’m looking for a project that I can contribute to. I love Asian culture and I’m excited to be a part of it. I am available for segmentation and subtitling opportunities. Thank you very much! joiicykalane_843

Have you already passed the Ninja Segmenting Academy program?

1 Like

Yes, I passed and conclued, now I need to complete 1000.

2 Likes

Hello,
From what I can see, you passed sandbox, but not the whole Ninja Segmenting Academy program. There is 5 levels and a final exam after sandbox to be fully graduated from Segmenting Academy.

6 Likes

I’m also doing the Ninja Segmenting Academy Program & I’m gonna start Level 4 very soon but I have a question.

when you complete all 5 Levels and reach the exam & let’s assume that you fail the exam on your first atempt, can you then redo the exam & if you can is there a limited tries for the exam? Or can you just keep trying until you clear it?

3 Likes

Hi @angelzlove1.

Not passing the exam is not seen as a failure by the NSSA. It’s a practical learning experience. If you do not meet the minimum graduation requirements after the first attempt, you will be assigned a senior sensei who will help you work on those areas that stopped you from graduating. There is no limit to the number of times that you can sit the graduation examination.

Regards,
Manganese.

9 Likes

I failed the final exam but what my examiner wrote was encouraging, they wrote that I was so close but that there were a few things she wanted me to go over… so i was given a video to practice on and show that I could do what the person wanted (and change a few habbits that I some how had gotten). Then there was another test and I made it. :wink: When I graduated from NSSA I was nervous but all the seggers here were so supportive but there are two here on viki that I still hold close to my heart and that’s Chloé (my level 3) and Mirjam. Without them, I probably would have just graduated and watched how well everyone else did. And not dared to become the segger I am now (I graduated in april).

13 Likes

And by now, @angelzlove1 , Maria is in high demand as a segmenter. :blush:
No worries, you will get there, whether it’s straight forward or with a little straying. I never thought I would make it through the Sandbox and now, I am a CS. :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

Thank ypu for your help and encouragement guys :upside_down_face: :hugs:

5 Likes

Which Type of Projects you want?

Hi,
I’m attending the Subbing Academy and, perhaps, I’m going to complete the Bleu Sand Part 2.
My contact is bjohnsonwong but the last day I heard from him was the 12 of December.
Does someone have some news about him?
Thank you
Andrea

I can’t answer for her but be patient, you will probably get an answer in the next few days. Everyone who is active at NSSA does it in their free time and now we are approaching Christmas. It might be a good idea to send a message to her.

1 Like

Thank you.
I’ll wait an answer to the message I wrote.
Best Wishes.

Andrea

If you don’t have an answer from your sensei, don’t hesitate to send them a new message after 1 week to be sure they saw your message. Sometimes senseis are very busy and might miss a message in their inbox.
Good luck and have fun going through NSSA :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This is what is posted above, please read the whole thread… It’s one of the things that most CS demand when you want to be a segger.

Apply here: Ninja Academy Segmenting Student Application Form

2 Likes

Hi! I am a recent graduate from the segmenting academy and looking to continue with a project! Here is my profile: _atlas - Rakuten Viki

1 Like

https://www.viki.com/users/karmaisacat
Hello,
I don’t have experience doing segments yet. I am currently on the waiting list for NSSA so I have been practicing in Sandbox and watching the training videos available on the platform.
If you have an open spot on your team, I would like to be able to participate and continue learning to help the community access new episodes quickly and as well as possible. I have been watching dramas on this streaming page for many years and I would be very happy to participate in this community :slight_smile:
I am open to advice and suggestions you may have, as I said before I would be happy to work with any team!
My availability is Monday to Friday 3 hours a week.
I am looking forward to your response.
Greetings
Paula

2 Likes