MDL Year in Review

Anyone have year end stats they want to share?

I feel like I spend a lot more time watching than these numbers represent, lol

This one I find rather strange, only one of these was new to me, the rest were rewatched, but I guess since I updated the number of times I watched it counts as rating them. :woman_shrugging:

I just knew PHS wasnā€™t going to be on the top of my list for 2022, but Iā€™m going to fix that this year, although I canā€™t complain, these guys are all great.

I knew Iā€™d watched a lot of BLs this yearā€¦

4 Likes

I forgot that MDL does this. Iā€™m excited to see what my stats are, as last year was skewed due to the fact that I had just started my account and everything I added from all my years of watching counted for that year.

3 Likes

Well here is the link - I have not done any print screens with cutouts for a while and have some sleep disorder back bouncing this week ā€¦

https://mydramalist.com/profile/lutra/year/2022

dramas: 59 movies: 25

I feel as if I watch 6 or 7 movies before and after Christmas

It says I watched drama for 6 hours a week, I think this is the smallest number ever of what feels like the worst year ever for me, real life not dramas per se, since most dramas I watched were older ones.

My top-rated dramas:
Dear My Friends - Once Again - The Good Detective - Itā€™s Beautiful Now - Unkind Women - The Red Sleeve

My top-rated movies
A Taxi Driver - My Palpitating Life - Tunnel - Seobok - Escape from Mogadishu - Honest Candidate 1

Well, well, if MDL says so ā€¦

5 Likes

I had no idea MDL offers a Year in Review. Letā€™s see what my statistics are: https://mydramalist.com/profile/gedachtenwereld/year/2022

Dramas: 57 movies; 5 .
Yeah, Iā€™m not much of a movie watcher. Often I spend so much time choosing one that I donā€™t have time for it anymore.

Top-rated dramas:
Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People - Sky Castle - Healer - My Mister - Joy of Life 1 - Reset
Nr. 1 and 3 are rewatches. Nr 5 is a half-rewatch. I started it, but decided to begin over again.

Ratings: Iā€™m not very generous with giving out 9 or 10 stars and I quite easily drop dramaā€™s that I donā€™t find interesting (anymore) so itā€™s rare for me to give dramaā€™s a low rating.

My most-watched dramas are from South Korea. For this year, Iā€™m going to try to balance it more out with other countries. Iā€™m sure there are a lot of nice stories from other countries that I havenā€™t discovered yet.

The actors I watched in most series are Bai Jing Ting and Kang Tae Oh (both 3 times). The other ones including the actresses all have 2 series I watched them in. I am assuming this is about Main Leads, because if Secondary Leads/all actors were included, it probably would look very differently.

2 Likes

I forgot this too, wow I sure didnā€™t watch much, I laughingly said. it only showed the Tencent stuff, looks like it didnā€™t show other places. unless I just picked Tencent stuff. but its still good to know

3 Likes

I am the same now, I ā€œbunkeredā€ a few in the currently watching section, so I am slowly picking up one after the other.

Isnā€™t it fascinating that I watched only 2 dramas more than you, but you still have used triple the amount of time to watch yours. Then again, I think, I watched a lot of short dramas that year and daily dramas, who do not deliver more than 2,5 hrs of content in one week ā€¦

Like you, I am scrooge in giving 10 or even 9 points as a raiting.

2 Likes

It could be because I often watch multiple dramas simulteneously and I rarely watch on-air series. I just get too impatient and then donā€™t remember stuff and lose my interest. I was quite surprised to see how much hours a week I spent watching dramas. Didnā€™t expect it to be so highā€¦
I havenā€™t seen any of your top-rated dramas, but I have seen 3 of your top-rated movies. (One of them was before 2022) Interesting to see how we all watch and enjoy different series.

3 Likes

I wonder if the MDL system is still working on the year end numbers, my number of episodes watched doesnā€™t work with the number of dramas I watched. 152 dramas, but only 374 episodes? Thatā€™s 2 1/2 episodes per drama, umm no.

For anyone interested the link to my MDL year end SweetyBird's 2022 Year In Review - MyDramaList feel free to add me as a friend if you want.

1 Like

Yes, when it is about the top-rated content, then we both only have a sole item that shows up: A Taxi Driver, which is quite surprising since it isnā€™t really in the line of our usual pick ā€¦

I wonder too, itā€™s true I watched a lot of short dramas but most of them still had the length of 8-12 and almost all the year I had a daily drama on the sideline, those usually are over 100 episodes ā€¦

For me, 2022 = Chinese dramas
ra
aa

Iā€™ll see what 2023 has in store for us. Will my favourite dramas be Korean this year?

3 Likes

I have not updated my MDL in like the last 3 months, so some of the dramas I completed are not therešŸ™ˆ Every year MDL makes me realize that I watch wayyyyyy tooooo many dramas

2 Likes

I was surprised since my year was mostly Thai lol, I have to say that 2022 was the year when I started watching Thai dramas, but I didnā€™t expect that result since my favorite 2022 dramas were Chinese :rofl:

3 Likes

Mine finally updated, this is more like it.

3 Likes

Mine too, now we are almost equal on weekly watching time, I am at 24,8 hrs.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Ahaha i forgot MDL does this!! Watched only 25 dramas this yearā€¦

I watched Tencent stuff most - and MangoTV comes second XD :see_no_evil: didnā€™t expect that, but the plots and overall fluffiness do compensate for the terrible subs. Thank you to all the Viki volunteers who made their dramas watchable :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
My pet service tvN didnā€™t rank in my most watched servicesā€¦ got replaced by SBS

Screenshot_20230105-103931_Chrome
I see itā€™s a mix of classics and new ones. 2022 was my year of It Started With a Kiss-They Kiss Again obsession so itā€™s not surprising Ariel Lin and Joe Cheng made it to my top favorite actors :see_no_evil::see_no_evil: Romance, comey and happy endings are still hold all my top spots.

Itā€™s been a crazy year. Wonder what 2023 holds for all of usā€¦ whatever it is, Iā€™m grateful for the chance to know and engage with all of you. Dramaland, hereā€™s to another chaotically hilarious year of laughter, love, and warmth!!

5 Likes