Melting Me Softly: What one would have changed in the 1st and 2nd episode(Spoilers)

Spoilers for those who haven’t watched Melting Me Softly

Well a lot of people were talking about how Melting Me Softly was disappointing and I understand. We all had very high expectations. I think the show had a good premise but I think it was let down by the writing.

But I thought it would be fun to write down what one would have changed in the first episode and second episode. Of course I can’t talk about every scene but that just some major parts that I wanted to talk about. I will also take into consideration what the writer was trying to do. Comment also how you would have wrote melting me softly episode 1 or what parts you would have changed. It will be awesome to hear your ideas.

Well the first episode is very important in a show. It is what gets the viewers hooked. If it is done well it would make viewers excited to watch the next episode. I personally feel that she prolonged some things and wasn’t very concise with conveying information quickly. She wanted to establish how the came about the experiment and the backing stories of why they were doing the experiment and what they were leaving behind doing the experiment which I understand. Some of the scenes were definitely needed but some scenes not so much or thought should be shorter or maybe the information conveyed in a different way.

She showed that they were already in the tube but I think she should have shown the moment when the went into the tube and showed them the look at each other before they got frozen. I think that symbolism and imagery of them side by side together could have been shown and threaded along in the series.

When they woke up I think the writer shouldn’t have made them individually wonder off separately. I felt like the writer missed such good opportunity to get them have more moments together and missed the opportunity to have banter with each other. I saw someone say how come they had all their stuff with them already when they woke up after 20 years later. That is so true! It just felt like they just woke up from the lab and just somehow found their way to the city. I would ask how did they get to the city area?? How far is city from the lab? From what I’m seen the lab is little bit isolated so I assume it ain’t that close to the city. Did they walk there? If they did then wouldn’t they have passed out before they got to the city. Anyways… I think the waking up scene could have been done better and be more stronger. I wondered why they writer chose to separate them when they woke up. I know the writer wanted Go Mi Ran to go her own way to her own house to discover by herself that her family wasn’t there but I think is that she missed opportunity for the two character interact. Either way there was a possibility for her to do both.

I would have made them wake up and meet each other in the lab. I would have used that opportunity for them to banter and be snarky with each other. Both of them make commentary about being frozen. Have Go Mi Ran “As soon as we get out of here you better pay me my money.” They would both even say “Where the heck is everybody?” because no body is there in the lab. They would find their clothes in the locker. They would then made their way out of the lab together. If the lab is far away from they city. The would be walking on the road and get a ride from someone driving by. There they would still continue their banter in the car. Because of the temperature they may ask the driver to switch on the air con or open the window for air. Dong Chan would then notice how the car is different and the new features. They might say something very specific to 1999 to the car driver that would make driver look at them like what era are you from and what the heck are you talking about. Also maybe the driver is playing a new music group and their what the heck are you playing. All in all they would notice signs but ignored them.

Then they would get to the city and split up and Go Mi Ran would then head off to her house ( Because I know that is what the writer wanted her to do). Dong Chan would try to head to the office but ends up fating in the middle of the street and ends up going to the hospital.

Go Mi Ran would make it to her house and draw the same conclusions that her family was kicked out because of rent. She would come out of the house and start heading for the police station. I feel like Go Mi Ran going to the police is realistic because when you can’t find your family you would go to the police. So I will keep that scene for now, she ends up phoning her mother like the original but the same as the original they end up missing each other and don’t meet.

Meanwhile in the Hospital the same thing happens like the original and his family and his assistant comes and they tell him its 2019.

Go Mi Ran goes to the campus and there she sees that it is 2019. she faints because at that point her temperature has become too high she ends up at the same Hospital as Dong Chan and by Tv magic she ends up right next to Dong Chan and the nurse pulls the curtain open and he see’s her and she see’s him and they exchange a look of distress both now knowing that it has been 20 years. Then Go Mi Ran’s expression would shift to anger.

They would go outside in the hospital garden and she practically scream at him saying why is it 2019 why did they wake up 20 years later and that it is all his fault. He is trying to calm her down. She says that she needs to find her family by the time she gets to down a couple of paths she is already tired and she pauses she starts to hear her brothers whistle (the hospital phoned her family). Her brother runs towards and hugs her because she is tired the same thing like the original her brother would carry her. By the time she also see’s her Mother and Father there and they all embrace. They take her back home to the new house and explain the whole situation just like the original.

I can go on and critique the rest of the episodes but I will just stop here for now. What I’m trying to say there was actually room to have the two main characters interact more in the first two an even four episodes. But some reason the writer chose to have them almost separated for four episodes, which was really frustrating. It just felt like the main characters weren’t her priority Anyway that is it for now.

and I thought that before even watching it! some may not like these spoilers but I do, Love those actors by the way. really wish the writers could have done a better job. 20 years is a long time, history has passed, and people they knew died. so much to look at. and I so much wanted to watch this.

thank you for this.