Missing Play Button

My pass changed too, but play button is there.
Could it be a regional thing. As you might know, I am from Europe.

1 Like

Well, most of our WP group is in the U.S. (as am I), and most of them still have the play button. Sweety and I are both on the west coast, but I don’t know how that could be related, since we are both in North America.

From what we can deduce at this point, there doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to why this is happening. It’s so random.

3 Likes

We once had an issue, but I can’t recall what it was about. We learned back then that they were using another server for Europe and the issue was with that server. Well, it was just an idea …

3 Likes

OK I have the play button for ALL of these.

Weird that before the CHANGE we did Watch Parties with a lot of these movies with no problem

Divine Fury
Mission Possible
Midnight Runners
The Suspect

Interesting!

1 Like

So how is the PLAY button issue going?

Still no play button, but my help ticked has been sent to technical support.

2 Likes

Ditto to what @sweetybirdtoo said.

And, of course, the new subtitle issues that came up today, as discussed in the other thread. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

It’s February 22, 2023, and I’m trying to watch ‘The Suspect’. I had no play button on my laptop. So, I upgraded to the second tier pass, and still no play button. I read this thread, and tried to watch on my telly using my Roku. Now, I can see the button, but when I hit it I get this message, “Oops! The content is blocked. Please subscribe to Viki for full access”. I find it hard to believe that I have to subscribe to the top tier for a movie from 2013 – 10 years ago! What gives, Viki?!

1 Like

It’s not about the Viki pass level. I have the highest pass available, and I am unable to play these movies currently. It is a technical error on Viki’s part.

1 Like

When I saw how old this thread was, I assumed the issue would be fixed, or a workaround/solution available. It’s been at least 16 days. Does the tech team have a pulse?

They even wrote back to me at some point and said it was solved, but it wasn’t, so they re-opened my ticket, and that’s where it sits still.

1 Like

I’m assuming this would be a global fix, though I guess I should feedback to Viki, myself. Surely, they’ve had a few complaints by now? Are you Canadian? Maybe Viki is just not too concerned with its tiny market in the Great White North?

No, I’m in the U.S.

1 Like

I’m in Canada too but it’s not only us it’s not working for, since @my_happy_place is in the USA. Besides the above movies It’s also happening for Rampant & Train to Busan, but Be With You seems to be fine now.

1 Like

Be with you is still missing the button for me.

Edit: There are two different movies with this name… one works, one does not

1 Like

oh you’re right, there are two, and like you said one works, one doesn’t
This is the one that doesn’t

1 Like

As of last night the glitch was fixed for @my_happy_place and me, I’m curious if it’s fixed for you too.

1 Like