Missing Play Button

I wonder if anyone else is having an issue with a missing play button on certain movies.

The movies @my_happy_place and I have found are
The Gangster, The Cop, The Devil
Raging Fire
Pipeline
Midnight Runners
Mission Possible
The Dude in Me
The Divine Fury
Be With You
Cheese in the Trap (movie)
Hostage: Missing Celebrity
On Your Wedding Day
The Suspect

I don’t know if this is just a wild coincidence, but most of these are in the ‘Movies You May Have Missed’ collection. Although when I click on the collection there are only the three movies in the collection that still have a play button.

3 Likes

That’s an interesting ‘coincidence’ that many of them are in that collection.

4 Likes

And I have the play button on a lot of these -

The Gangster, The Cop and the Devil
Raging Fire
Pipeline

I’ll check the others!

(PS I also have 6 MISSING COLLECTIONS) you have to go around or into where people have followed me to find some of my BIGGEST collections - I have 18
only 12 are showing)

Could the Collection problem and the Movie issue be because of the UPGRADE???

tenor

I also use my Laptop - My collections are visible on my App on my phone! however!

2 Likes

I do have play buttons for all of the ones you mentioned.

2 Likes

I just went into the “Premium Movies” collection on the home page, and there are several more movies in there without the play button.

1 Like

Button is visible for me.
Is the problem with a computer and/or phone?

1 Like

I use my laptop

1 Like

Me too.
Win10, Mozilla Firefox …

Sometimes it’s just a problem of the browser after an update and will only last for a short while.

You can’t even select movies in the search function …

1 Like

can you see the play button on the phone app?

I can see ALL my collections on the phone app - I wonder if it is a laptop issue?

I don’t use my phone for Viki, it’s old, very old, lol

3 Likes

This seems to only apply to the browser version. I can still play these movies from my app on a tablet. I have tried a few different browsers, though, and the problem exists on all of them.

2 Likes

So you do have the PLAY button on the App

However WE cannot WP from the app - so that is a problem
if we are doing a MOVIE WP - RIGHT - LOL

2 Likes

And yes, I have cleared my cache and cookies. :wink::grin:

2 Likes

Me too, and logged out, and restarted my computer, different browsers, but no play button.

3 Likes

No, idea … Any security measurement that could suppress it?

1 Like

I can’t imagine what, I haven’t changed anything on my computer, and I watched a couple of those last year, also why would it only effect a select few movies? All the other movies have a play button.

1 Like

I haven’t personally made any changes, and many of the movies listed in the OP are movies I have watched in the past with no problems.

Viki recently made a change to the way they do the pass for Viki volunteers (which is a whole separate issue of its own), and I thought maybe it was related to that, but I don’t think @sweetybirdtoo has this type of pass, so I don’t think it’s related.

2 Likes

Also, as far as I can tell, it affects movies from both pass levels - standard and plus. It is not isolated to one or the other, right?

2 Likes

I actually did have a volunteer pass until recently, maybe it did have something to do with that change.

1 Like

Many fellow volunteers have said that they are not experiencing the issue, though, so I think I’ve ruled that out for the most part.

2 Likes