Mongolian dramas and movies?

Hi!! Thanks for remembering me!! How have you been?
Yeah, I haven’t been on as often since I was busy with school work. Now that my homework load has lightened, I’ve started watching dramas again. However, I’ve been watching older dramas, nothing too new.

3 Likes

Yes I do remember you! :smile: :blush: you’ve expanded my knowledge base on Mongolia, and their culture. :blush:
Nice! Congrats on conquering your intellectual goals, so far! :books: ✓ I watch a bit of everything, but I’m going at my own pace. Plus I also have work! :wink:

3 Likes

look on MYDRAMALIST it has a 2 year list, don’t know if its active. sounds good to me!!

3 Likes

I don’t know much about Mongolian culture myself, but whatever I find, I like to share since I do want to know more and maybe others want to as well :smiley:

Thank you! I’m graduating this semester so I’m excited about that!

Yes, it’s best to go at your own pace. I see comments of other people watching this new drama and that new drama, but in the end, we have our own lives.

May I ask what a two year list is?

3 Likes

two-year list of Mongolian dramas esp one for wolf totem

2 Likes

thanks for the explanation!

1 Like

I just wanted to share this interesting video featuring a Mongolian instrument, the Morin Khuur!

5 Likes

This music is from the Chinese game Genshin Impact. I’m putting it here because the instruments used are the Mongolian morin khuur and the Chinese guzheng. Together, the sounds of the instruments evoke different feelings in one song. I hope you enjoy!

3 Likes

Beautiful!!
The Mongolian morin khuur

and
The Chinese guzheng
4 Likes

They are such beautiful instruments! Hearing them together is also a symphony to my ears!

3 Likes

I just came across this channel while scrolling through YouTube. I haven’t watched completely watched any of their videos, but I’m going to check them out in my free time. I’m just posting it here just in case anyone now or in the future gets interested in Mongolian script!

3 Likes

At the very start of The Buddha’s Palm, you can hear Mongolian Throat Singing. It’s a movie.

4 Likes

@helenama73_911,
I’ve linked three shows you, and others mentioned in this thread. Follow the link for trailers, and additional information. The Viki request a show form is readily available below, for those wishing to see these shows here on Viki. :blush:
Wolf Totem (2015).

The Remnant (2016)

Genghis Khan (2005)

Actress: Ragchaa Ankhnyam
Native name: Рагчаагийн Анхням
Native Country: Mongolia

@helenama73_911,
You’re very welcome! :blush: When I saw the trailer for Wolf Totem, it looks like a show I’ve watched. I’ll put in request for them too, maybe we’ll see them here on Viki. :crossed_fingers:t5::wink: Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Thank you leerla!! I’ll submit the request forms! Thank you also for keeping this thread alive :sweat_smile:.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s a huge project with Feng Shao Feng and Shawn Dou ! I love wolves, currently I’m upset with the permitted shootings in Switzerland of the established not many years ago wolf population (since they were extinct) to decimate them.

Anyway, this movie must be epic!! It would be a surprise if Viki could bring it to their library!! @vikicommunity @brendas

The movie is a Chinese/French collaboration. Interestingly the French director who made Seven Years in Tibet which is prohibited in China, ended up doing this film for China :wink:

2 Likes