Music from Finland

That’s not Finnish. :upside_down_face:

This time a sensitive song from Smackbound

1 Like

This song lives rent free in my head :dancer: :man_dancing:

1 Like

It has been some while since we last heard some Finnish music, and no it is not from Smackbound this time LOL

It is from Samu Haber (Sunrise Avenue) singing as it seems in Finnish, I don’t understand one word, but his voice sounds so “whole”. Something I discovered over the past decades that most singers sound even better using their mother tongue, and it seems Samu Haber is no exception. This video came up this week and I have seen he did even more stuff in his native language, but somehow I can’t stop listening to this piece of music, it is addictive, at least for me.

2 Likes

This is old by now but I tend to know more about older music than the newer.

1 Like

Haha, the dancers either late 80s or early 90s, … When was it?

It was 1994 and Eurovision. I remember dancing to this… I’m not old but :face_with_peeking_eye: but some of the songs from the 90ths feels like yesterday.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s definitely Finnish. :blush:

2 Likes

Listening makes you think you understand, it is addictive. :heart:

2 Likes

I don`t even know what to call this song. I know a girl from Helsinki, who is a choir leader and she made the whole choire learn and perform this song. Not exactly in the same way as they did it in the song contest, but still. Sooo funny… :rofl:

1 Like

Wow, this thread is beautiful. Sooo many memories… Nightwish with all their former singers and the rumors and fights within the band. Has anybody seen this movie made by one of the members like 10 years ago? Very dark and a bit weird. One of the rare moments, when my friends and me were almost alone in a cinema… :innocent:

Actually I went to show this year and I was a little shocked about how old they became. I still like the music and all but the long beautiful hair flying around when being headbanged used to be more, back then…

1 Like