Music from Norway

@lutra :heart_eyes: und ob das was für mich ist :hugs:

1 Like

On this thread you should say “takk”. :wink:

1 Like

:grimacing: I was thinking yesterday, What band is that
Until a light dawned on me… :joy: :joy:
When I am tired, Should I not think… Just click and listen, Nothing more :joy::joy:

1 Like

Haha, you never know, there might even be a band called “Dankeschön”! :rofl:

1 Like

Definitely :joy::joy:

1 Like

Wig Wam - This time on the correct country threat, Norway!

1 Like

Jul er snart her! :christmas_tree:

1 Like

I just joined Viki and wanted to check out all features. As a Norwegian I was curious to see what I might find in this thread, but i never expected to find the concert by Dimmu. You see, I was actually singing in that exact choir (a bit difficult to see behind the orchestra) on that very concert :slight_smile: We also sang at the Dimmu live concert with orchestra in Oslo and their last two studio albums, Abrahadabra and Eonian. With time passing most people quit the choir at some point and new singers join. Nowadays I’m one of the few participants who are still members of the choir, so not many people around me know about this. Happy memories from the last decade, haha!

Here’s the same choir singing something quite different. Here we sing newly composed music inspired by Norwegian traditional folk music:

Also, introducing Farmers Market, a Norwegian band mixing jazz and Bulgarian folk music.
Here accompanied by The Norwegian Radio Orchestra. Might be a bit too much for some people, but I think it’s very interesting and groovy :slight_smile: I recommend checking out their albums!

Bonus: here’s an old favourite of mine. Same Norwegian jazz band playing not necessarily Norwegian music, but very skilled musicians having a lot of fun with all kinds of hits:

1 Like

That’s so cool! :sunglasses: How did that happen?

1 Like

For some time my choir had a deal with The Norwegian Radio Orchestra to do at least one big production together each year. Dimmu hired the orchestra for recording Abrahadabra and asked them to find a suitable choir. They thought this would be a perfect occasion to ask us. We were kind of an extended part of the orchestra for the production. The band hired the orchestra, the orchestra in turn hired the choir, both for the recording and for the big concert in Oslo the following year. The band liked us so they asked us directly to join them for Wacken and their next album, but this time independently and with a different orchestra (The Czech Radio Orchestra if I remember correctly).

Very different from what we usually do, but very fun to be a part of it!
Especially fun for me, I think, because I’m kind of an old rock/metal head! Even though I’m a musician/composer educated in jazz and sing in a classical choir. The last three years I’ve also come to love k-pop, so I’m all over the place really. Anyway, so much fun to be part of the Dimmu stuff!

1 Like

It’s been a while, but Wig Wam is back in the game and they still rock

1 Like