♪♫ Musical Expertise in South Korea is Extraordinary

WOWWWW he makes me want to pick my piano up from the dust again :scream::sob: I love the jazzy undertone!!

Jung Sungha is amazing… he makes it look so effortless!!

2 Likes

J-Walk, the brilliant duo formed by Sechskies members Kim Jaeduck and Jang Suwon:

Featuring their Sechskies colleague Eun Jiwon:

Jang Suwon solo:

Eun Jiwon solo:

Sechskies:

In their younger years:

3 Likes

Thanks for introducing me to these amazing artists! I don’t usually listen to k-pop. It seems that I’ve been missing out.

1 Like

Thanks for posting. I haven’t come across Kim Jaeduck and Jang Suwon in my YouTube travels. They’re excellent!!!

1 Like

A truly breathtaking performance!

Seong-Jin Cho plays Chopin’s Polonaise in A flat major Op. 53. He was the winner of the 17TH INTERNATIONAL FRYDERYK CHOPIN PIANO COMPETITION in 2015.

3 Likes

Very beautiful, it sounded like an orchestra and it wasn’t probably easy to put this together…
You can be proud of your kids! :heart::clap:

3 Likes

:notes::musical_note::musical_keyboard: Not in the least boring, and he played such a long piece! :musical_keyboard::musical_note::notes::blush:

Busker Busker

Solo performance of their frontman 장범준:

2 Likes
Makgeolli 🎶 😳

@mirjam_465! There is a song!? :rofl::fire:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rfdwvtSP2o

2 Likes
Bottoms up!

Well, there are so many songs out there about wine, beer and whiskey so why not makgeolli, hahaha? :joy:

2 Likes
Right!?🥂🍻 !

https://c.tenor.com/IycahZMsX7YAAAAM/seth-meyers-right.gif

1 Like

In case you are not yet familiar with the hottest new trend in Korean music, here is Korean Unnie explaining the K-trot. Definite makgeolli music.:wink:

3 Likes

“Han” was also mentioned in this movie:

2 Likes

I am glad you mentioned this movie. I meant to watch it but got busy and forgot all about it.

2 Likes

It’s definitely worth watching. :slight_smile:

The reason we hide

To keep the thread on topic. Psst! or you can use these threads (*❛‿❛)☞👇🏾
Wanna Segue but can't? (☞*❛ ͜ʖ❛)☞Bring That Discussion's, Post's, Link Here 😉!

Segue Cafe - meet up with friends to chat about whatever strikes your fancy

That was hilarious!! Yes, Ive heard about trot before also in Kdramas and it is a unique style of singing. Some songs are fun, some are too emotional… like for “grannies”, lol. And definitely with makgeolli :cocktail:

1 Like

If you watched Zombie Detective, perhaps you might remember Miss Trot Song Ga In’s cameo appearance.

Also from Zombie Detective is “Jjin-ee-ya” by Yeong Tak. The kids were so cute singing this song.

1 Like

Gaho again… my favorite Korean soloist!
I can’t believe I like his live band versions much better than the studio ones! I love the way he infuses his own style into the covers he does… I love most of his covers more than the original songs :sweat_smile:. It’s like he puts all his soul into the music. He collabs a lot with the band KAVE. They’re wonderful, too!

This is his own song:

4 Likes

I just discovered this version of “I Dreamed A Dream” from Les Misérables. I love it!

2 Likes