My Hottie Posse...Who is YOURS?

You mean like this?

Oops, I couldn’t help myself. Suits are sexy, but so are casual clothes.

See, clothes are just as good, either way.

3 Likes

Yes Exactly! Seo Kang Joon

3 Likes

Soompi

Or This!

Woo Do Hwan

I’m totally supportive

Hellokpop

4 Likes

Gifer

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Yea. I didn’t look away and give him any privacy on that one.

4 Likes
Summary

As much as we somewhat objectify these guys, it’s not on the same level as a drama I’m watching where the fans are so upset that two people are dating. I just don’t understand how fans behave like that. I want the actors, actresses, & musicians that I appreciate to have happy, loving lives outside of the drama/music world. I want them to find whoever makes them happy.

3 Likes

LOOK WHAT I FOUND Korean Actors!!! I think my life just got BETTER!

I cannot get enough of this song!!! :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

jay%20park
Jay Park

3 Likes

That could have been my theme song from about 10 years old until I got married. lol

2 Likes

I completely agree with you.

sweetybirdtoo

12h

As much as we somewhat objectify these guys, it’s not on the same level as a drama I’m watching where the fans are so upset that two people are dating. I just don’t understand how fans behave like that. I want the actors, actresses, & musicians that I appreciate to have happy, loving lives outside of the drama/music world. I want them to find whoever makes them happy.

Summary

Korean male celebrities (and female for that matter) are going to give their fans whatever, within the virtuous confines of their cultures, tradition and law will allow. It’s part of a crazy and unspoken agreement, and I cannot imagine signing up to be part of it.

That’s because I don’t come out of a culture that, for many centuries, has put pressure on people to marry at the earliest possible moment and beget the next generation of their families so that the previous generations (who have died and ascended to some level of being minor deities) can receive worship and thus continue to exist.

It is essential to focus on marrying correctly and properly so as to ensure the survival of the family. To ensure the blessings (and not the curses) of the sky.

If everything is not done just right to ensure human alignment with Fate, then disaster ensues.

It is therefore of utmost importance for everyone of marriageable age to work to be as smart, as attractive, as accomplished, as successful, as well-connected, and as sexy as possible.

I have no problem with marrying early. My mother’s parents met in grade school, were close friends through high school, married right out of high school, and went on to jointly run the largest farm in their county PLUS have eight daughters, two of whom died in infancy.

My father’s parents knew each other but did not marry until my grandmother was 35 and my grandfather was 40. This was because they had the responsibility of caring for ill parents and were not free to marry until those parents passed away.

My own mother and father were delayed in marrying until ages 28 and 35 respectively because of the struggles of coping with life during World War II AND contributing to the economic well-being of their families.

I don’t know about my grandparents, but my mother said she made a decision in high school that she would not marry until she met a man who was her intellectual equal. Her sisters and school chums all got married in their late teens and early twenties, but she held firm until she married my father.

Her motivation was, I guess, based on a culture that said (it doesn’t say it anymore), “If you choose the person that’s right for you, your family will be blessed.” Men and women seeking marriage in Asian cultures seem (from my point of view) to be operating out of a mindset that says, “If you marry someone who will bring honor to your family, you will be blessed.”

K-dramas often seem to me to be stuck somewhere in between those two perspectives.

Up to a point, it’s fine for characters to be individualistic, eccentric, rebellious, in your face, crazy. But when the biological and cultural bells start ringing, it’s time to ramp down on all the wildness, marry, produce enough babies to offset the number of old people dying, and continue the spiritual and personal existence of the family and the country and the culture.

K-drama celebrities are just reflecting reality at large. They willingly pose in . . . modestly risque poses??? . . . and get plastic surgery . . . and travel endlessly to promote themselves . . . and pose with hundreds if not thousands of people whose names they will never remember . . . and allow their personal lives to evaporate because that’s what earns them money and reinforces the cultural values that have been the foundation of their country since the dawn of time.

2 Likes

fan pop

I’m AWAKE!

2 Likes
Summary

Yes, this is a choice they make, typically when they’re young at least in Kpop. When you’re 12 - 14 it’s easy to think, you can put off your personal life until you’re 30. Then reality sets in and it would be a lonely existence. But I wasn’t really talking about the celebrates, I was saying I don’t understand the fans that see actors and kpop idols as their property, I think the artists will do a better job and continue working longer if they have a happy balanced life.

Many fans seem to believe that their idols belong to them and should not date or get married, and when they do it can be a nightmare. Petitions to remove them from their group, bullying & death threats from the fans of whoever they’re dating. If they’re dating a regular citizen then that person can also be subjected to bullying and death threats. This is the part I don’t get. Seeing the people they claim to love as a commodity and turning on them the moment they want a private life.

JYP Interviewing EXO, the crowds reaction when JYP mentions dating is no, never.
https://youtu.be/RSksKIs3Mco

2 Likes

Pinterest

Amino Apps

Tenor

Kpop Gifs

EXO - DO - Welcome to Hottie Posse
He is 28 but he looks like he’s 15!
Baby Bird Factor Defacto

2 Likes

Yeah, K-pop fandom is sometimes so random . . .

Summary

This text will be hidden
I personally view angry K-pop fan hysteria as a feature of a culture in which everyone is rooted in a centuries-old culture which sees success in life as a matter of perfect timing, perfect behavior, perfect appearance, perfect attitude.

And marriage of two “right” people at the “right” time to produce the “right” number of the “right” heirs to carry on the family name, conduct death anniversary rituals, and keep the clan and the nation strong . . . even though to non-Korean eyes, i.e., European and U.S. eyes, Korean culture may look almost the same in terms of clothing, modern architecture, cars, or whatever, the cultural roots are not individualistic; they do not encourage and cannot conceive of anyone making a complete and irrevocable break from family, country, culture, or historical common behavior in order to pursue a career or love or whatever.

You have a small population in a small country in which everyone is in everyone’s back pocket genealogically, genetically, and literally. Over a number of decades, for a number of reasons, the overall population has declined, and in every generation, it has been harder and harder for marriage-minded people to get on with the job.

Of course there is living together, but as in many other cultures, that is (under ideal conditions) the betrothal, the acceptance of a woman into her future husband’s family to be trained in the ways of the family so that she can then properly raise her children after she officially gets her name on the family register.

But until then, she must maintain a sort of ritual purity; a sort of fake virginity that says to the outside world that she has wholeheartedly and enthusiastically accepted the will of the sky for her life. And men must maintain the same sort of ritual purity in order to be doing marriage “right” and earn the blessings of the divine.

The poor less fortunate souls who aren’t even close to having their marriage bucket list checked off have to settle for watching the more fortunate go through the romance dog-and-pony show and off-load their anxiety and frustration through enthusiastic involvement in social activities, charitable activities, fan clubs, travel clubs . . .

And their hotties give them musical boy love in return. Young men with chocolate abs who look like twelve-year-old boys dance in oily suggestive poses in front of thousands of screaming teen-aged girls who sublimate sexual energy by obsessing over merch, organizing trips to every possible hottie appearance, and beating up anyone who dares criticize “their husband.”

And when their husband gets married, oh dear Lord.

https://studybreaks.com/culture/music/exo-chen-tying-knot/

Fans of girl groups are no less wack.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8797821/K-pop-fans-send-death-threats-homophobic-abuse-gay-MTV-star.html

Of course, I am on the outside looking in. I base my views on the research I find myself immersed in every time I run across some aspect of Korean culture that seems mirror modern American culture, but in a sort of ack-bassward way.

https://www.koreaexpose.com/fascinating-world-k-pop-fandom-culture/

https://www.soompi.com/article/918693wpp/fans-surpass-donation-goal-order-build-school-b-a-ps-name

Fans Surpass Donation Goal In Order To Build A School In B.A.P’s Name
Celeb
Nov 24, 2016
by J. Lim

B.A.P’s Helping Hands, a non-profit charity group led by fans, has raised over $26,000 since January 26, surpassing the original goal of $25,000. The group is teaming up with a non-profit organization called Pencils of Promise to build a school in Ghana for children in need.

When I think of the insane interest shown by Americans in the lives of Prince Harry and “Dutch” Meghan, the United States is just as much a haven for people who think they own a piece of someone’s life just because they see them on the evening news. And the prurient and unreasonable interest Americans take in celebrities is every bit as unreasonable as the interest Koreans take in the lives of chaebols and other prominent people.

https://kpophit.com/amore-pacifics-chaebol-daughter-engaged-to-bokwangs-chaebol-son-kpophit/

This is Amore Pacific’s chaebol daughter. Doesn’t she look like she should be in idol dramas? Of course she would drop dead before she would stoop so low.

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20201216000833

https://pulsenews.co.kr/view.php?sc=30800028&year=2020&no=1290847
More than half of Korean chaebols keep marriages in the same league
2020.12.16 14:09:28

As an American ahjumma of the helmoni variety who is still looking for her life partner, I can relate in a way to the outrage and frustration and sense of what the freak are you doing to my fragile emotions and ego???

How awful to be in a cultural and emotional pressure cooker with few outlets for emotional tension, and then to have one of the few “approved” outlets snatched away . . . I was seventeen and single once, and twenty-eight and single once, and thirty-five and single once, and fifty-nine and single once . . .

I am not excusing irrational and even lawless behavior, but I know where it can come from.

4 Likes

Hyun Bin -
Pinterest

Amino Apps

gifer

Let’s keep hottie posse light @entwyfhasbeenfound and @sweetybirdtoo - Please head on over to the CAFE - It’s open for chatting! I’ll keep having to find a new HOTTIE :wink:

1 Like

junho%20GQ%202

Desi Glitters

Gifer

Dramabeans

Pinterest
minho%20laugh

Pinterest

We Heart It

If you can name all the boys!!! Should there be a prize!!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

1 Like

Hyun Bin has gotten better looking as he’s gotten older. When I watched him in Secret Garden in 2010, the excessively thin “flower boy” look was the way to go for Korean actors, and he wasn’t flower boy age by any means. He just looked like he had starved himself for no good reason.

Now he looks like a real human being and a very good actor.

2 Likes

These cheekbones were for you! Oh my Kim Jae Wook!

1 Like

Nice CBF. But you know where my heart lies in that regard . . .

1 Like

Yoon Shi Yoon

Shirley, you jest!

(My Drama List)

1 Like