My ideas for a better viki. Please comment and vote!

Here are my suggestions for a better viki. Please read them and feel free to comment on them and/or vote for them.

Project finder page needs improvement

Official statement about subtitles for vikipass subscribers

Regulate Reviews and Ratings

Expiring licenses notification

Volunteer finder needs a complete makeover!

Better organization of our Profile and Project Page

Customize our home page

Viki inbox necessary improvements

5 Likes

For some topics, I wonder if it’s more an idea / or a bug and issue.
Also, if we wait for votes on some ideas, as we’ve seen it for 1 month now, I’m afraid it’s going to be a long time before Viki will do something. I wonder why keeping a voting system for an idea when the abstention is worst than the abstention in presidential elections XD It’s not the same as voting for your favorite singer on soompi. Why?
I hope not only votes will be the indicator for Viki to implement some Ideas.

The only thing volunteers has ever agreed all together recently: it’s badges.
You have lots of votes for this type of thing, but not for ideas (seems so).
I hope there will be one day, we’ll have the same emulation about ideas than for badges on Viki.
I’d like to have some of your ideas implemented on Viki, it will save us (and me) a lot of time and less contrariety for many people :slight_smile:

I also added a post about CM’s choice, but in bugs and issues.
It’s not an idea, it’s an issue (for viewers & for teams and not mine only).
I’m already guessing how it will end, but for the principle, I wrote my thoughts on it.

I’m going to vote this weekend :wink:

2 Likes

Well,
if you say “This used to work fine, but now these days there is a problem with it, please fix it” because you know that they are supposed to know how to fix it, then it’s a bug.
If you say: “This doesn’t work well and never has, your idea about it was wrong in my opinion, I think you should improve it by changing it” then it’s an idea.

But yes, you’re right, nobody bothers. And if viki sees the volunteers themselves don’t care enough to even comment on it to say that they agree, why should it go into the trouble, just because you and I have been writing about it?
Actually here in Discussions these things were talked about a lot, animatedly, by many users. It’s just that it is so bothersome to go to Help and Support, and most of us rarely visit that place.

1 Like

Yes!
And if they only answer for bugs and issues / and not for ideas? Or only look at ideas with more votes/comments? (Rejoining you: why Viki should look at an idea that won’t be implemented on Viki?)
(posting in ideas or in bugs/issues?)

Yes, it’s tiring, I’m tired too, I’m tired too to say the same song each time, but without that (going into Help and Support, voting or proposing), how things can be better? We’re the most impacted and the ones with the most interest on it, but so few to participate in their new section, even though there was some promoting on their new section of Ideas.

They did this section for us, let’s put it to good use since it’s supposed to make our Viki life’s better.

(don’t take it personally, Irmar, I think you understand what I mean XD)

(Looking at Ideas or not,
did you see the drama with +50 people asking to be CM? Do they do the same thing, like looking at each profile of 50 people? And if it’s like that for each Kdrama? :joy: It’s like replaying the same song again and again)

1 Like

Some are solved now right?

1 Like

Only Project Finder. All the rest are still pending.
Our inbox still sucks (no folders, no contact list, no Find feature),
our Contributions page doesn’t show the important info that a CM wants to see (how many unfinished projects we have, whether they are finished in English, when we started working on them…)
the Volunteer finder has been abandoned completely,
there are no notification for expiring licenses other than to the CM (there was a post about this yesterday)
The official statement about subtitles has been ameliorated slightly but still doesn’t clearly say that Vikipass does NOT guarantee or cover subs.
The reviews are still open to spammers who write fake reviews, some of them that start before the show is airing are not even visible so we can flag and report them (you see that there are 10 ratings but only two reviews are showing)
And we cannot customize our home page to NOT show the shows that we have already watched, instead they are in our recommendations.

It’s disheartening, knowing that FOUR years have passed and the only thing that they improved is the Project Finder.

5 Likes

Unfortunately, we are now flooded by tons of not deactivated projects and fan channels up for CM application. I suppose it would’ve been better the other way around (searching for volunteers by activating the feature by yourself).

In regard to the release speed of projects, I imagine that it would be necessary to release that information somehow manually. Well, it might be futile to expect anything.

4 Likes

It’s really hard I think.

I think irmar was talking here about the shows which come under the banner, the Continue Watching and Watchlist section. While my answer referred to the banner, that first top image on Viki’s homepage.

2 Likes

No no I just linked similar topics.

I knew it already.
Sorry for causing confusion.

1 Like