Need help with seaweed that goes in rice

In my country we add dash of salt and 1 tsp of oil (corn, vegetable, canola, or whatever oil you like) to the boiling water before we add the rice. Once the water evaporates we move the rice around and lower the fire to medium and we cover the pot. This instruction is for stove top rice cooking.

For the rice cooker I add the salt and less than 1 teaspoon of oil. My daughter makes rice with pigeon peas/beans and it comes out delicious but I can’t do it in the rice cooker.

The seaweed goes great with pork. The pork I seasoned the night before I make holes and put garlic and in some of the holes I put in olives capers with pimientos add any vinegar (rice vinegar burns the pork so add after pork is almost fully cooked) You add your favorite seasoning some ppl just add salt and pepper I use something called --’‘sazon con achiote’’

Pork is a very dangerous meat so I cook it for a long time (we only cook pork for christmas, thanksgiving or big parties).
I leave it for 4 hours at 300 degrees (covered with aluminum foil) and 2 to 3 hours at 350 (aluminum foil still on). For the crispy top I use the broiler setting or you cut it from the pork and put in the microwave until it gets crispy . TIP>I save some of the juice from the meat and when I serve the pork I make sure to add a little juice over the meat. Also make sure to remove the garlic from the pork before serving is not tasty at all lol
I take the seaweed and like a wrap put a piece of the pork inside and eat it. It’s very delicious. I tasted the seaweed with rice and I don’t like it at all. That doesn’t mean ppl won’t like it but when I saw they added the seaweed to the rice I was like ugh …

1 Like

There’s a novel, called “Candide”, by Voltaire. It’s a satire of optimism. The main character’s mentor, Pangloss, is an optimist Christian who says that God has put us in the best of all possible worlds, and everything happens for providential reasons . Then all sorts of really horrible things happen to our characters, still the philosopher doesn’t want to change his beliefs. This is the ending of the book.

—You are perfectly right, said Pangloss; for when man was put into the garden of Eden, he was put there ut operaretur eum, so that he should work it; this proves that man was not born to take his ease.
—Let’s work without speculating, said Martin; it’s the only way of rendering life bearable.
The whole little group entered into this laudable scheme; each one began to exercise his talents. The little plot yielded fine crops . . . and Pangloss sometimes used to say to Candide:
—All events are linked together in the best of possible worlds; for, after all, if you had not been driven from a fine castle by being kicked in the backside for love of Miss Cunégonde, if you hadn’t been sent before the Inquisition, if you hadn’t traveled across America on foot, if you hadn’t given a good sword thrust to the baron, if you hadn’t lost all your sheep from the good land of Eldorado, you wouldn’t be sitting here eating candied citron and pistachios.
—That is very well put, said Candide, but we must go and work our garden.

Now this has been interpreted in various ways. Some people say it means that practical endeavours are better than over-analyzing or philosophy. Some say it’s a defeatist attitude, it’s renouncing to changing the hopeless reality of this horrible world, so it’s like retreating. I don’t agree.

I take it to mean the following: even if you cannot change the world, you can change yourself, and you can do the little you do have control of. And I take it further. If you change yourself and your immediate surroundings, then it has an impact for changing the world. Energy healers would reword this to “If you change the energy quality in your aura, it will attract similar energies from around you, and the positive effect will be multiplied, creating a positive collective thought-form which will in time bring change”.
So… let’s cultivate our own garden. Calmly, happily. Knowing that it counts.
:hibiscus:
P.S. “Other people”, your world of relationships, is not only the people physically around you. It’s me, Piranna, Angellight and everyone you touch with your words and your energy. And we do understand you, so… don’t cry anymore.

3 Likes

My 28 year old daughter developed digestion issues due to chronic lyme disease, and kimchi believe it or not, has helped her with that problem. She can’t drink milk or eat any kind of cheese that she gets so sick she even has breathing problems.

You can try kimchi but in small portions bc is extremely spicy and I don’t know if it can affect you more than help you.

I hope you do a health check up, and do extensive blood work not CBC only, you need the IGA blood work

What is IgA in a blood test?
An IgA test measures the blood level of immunoglobulin A, one of the most common antibodies in the body. Antibodies are proteins made by the immune system to fight bacteria, viruses, and toxins.

I had to pay $250 for the bc the health insurance didn’t cover her test but it was worth it bc they were able to treat her and she’s much better now. She had lost so much weight and was very weak to the point that was bedridden and now she gained 6 pounds and we go to the mall and she even do painting in the house too

My daughter also has this test done:

The total IgE test may be used to help screen for and detect allergic diseases. … Immunoglobulin E (IgE) is an antibody that is produced by the body’s immune system in response to a perceived threat. It is one of five classes of immunoglobulins and is normally present in the blood in very small amounts.

They found out she’s severely allergic to dairy products that causes her breathing problems.

She was also suffering from depression and cried a lot. It was part of the autoimmune disease she had that was discovered many years later since Doctors failed to order this blood test for her.

I hope you can have a good check up as soon as possible. Doctors now are so careless, and won’t order these blood works that can save people from suffering, like my daughter did.
I didn’t give up and went to at least 6 different Doctors and now she has seen every Doctor you can think of but finally we had answers for her and she’s doing so much better she’s going on a cruise.

Of course she’s careful with what she eats, and makes sure to know every ingredient of what she puts in her mouth. Is sad she can no longer eat everything I use to cook for her but I manage to work around certain ingredients. Good Luck and be blessed with good health.

1 Like

Hope you feel better @me_97.
You don’t need to be scared :slight_smile:
I’ve been making kimchi for many years now and it’s so much fun. Even when you mess up, it still tastes pretty good.
My fridge always has kimchi in it now (seriously, I need a separate kimchi fridge…kimchi and delicate foods don’t mix).

I know what it’s like to be vegan (now a flexitarian) and I have my own trusted kimchi recipe, without seafood in it, since that would probably send me to the hospital :flushed:

A recipe that I really liked in my vegan days was:
http://www.beyondkimchee.com/vegan-kimchi/

Another person I follow on instagram is the Korean Vegan, her recipes are easy and they taste good :smiley:

http://thekoreanvegan.com/kimchee-noobs-using-not-cabbage/

Okay, I end my post here and will continue with my hiatus :wink:

1 Like

My rescue cat. I love him to bits.

2 Likes

His name is Pi @piranna I found him abandoned by a dumpster covered with fleas and sick. He spent the first night curled on my chest. He has FIV and at fist I thought I was going to die because I thought it meant he was going to die, but then I found enlightened people who said just take super good care of him and he is still doing great 4 years later. Why I wrote before that people judge me it’s to do with how much I love animals. I will stop my car on the side of the road to rescue injured birds, a seagull once, I cry about things - my family that I grew up with think this is funny and weird… Sometimes it gets to me until my cat tells me it’s okay. And the birds and the trees and other things. This is why I LOVE LOVE LOVE k-dramas. It’s like I can breathe again when I watch them. Because of the underlying philosophy and ethics. Are Koreans perfect? Clearly they are human and there are some non enlightened people in every country. But at least there is something deeper THERE in the dramas as a guideline for the characters. At least they explain you are SUPPOSED to care and take care of each other and not be greedy and value peoples hearts over shallow narcissism. At least the message is there in the fiber and threads of the dramas. And I think K-drama volunteers and followers for the most part are in tune with this. I’m so grateful. It came to me just when I most needed it. Just like my kitty. Just like the people on this forum. And that Viki exists. (okay i have a moan now and then. I hope you forgive me Viki. I have my moments.)
Piranna - you seem wise. I love what you say.
Massive train of thought over, haha! Hope you have a good weekend Piranna. :heart:

Oops, I deleted everything else I wrote. Omo! It was saying thank you to all of you. You have good hearts. :two_hearts:

2 Likes

It would be a pity if volunteers, who spend a lot of time on Viki, who do the same thing and want the same thing, won’t help each other. One of our main strengths lies in unity :slight_smile: All alone, we can’t do much.

I hope you’re feeling better now! Your cat is so cute! Must be soft…

1 Like

:fallen_leaf:@piranna I’m all over the place today, haha! Please see above for what I was trying to say to you! :maple_leaf: :fallen_leaf: And yes he is soft! :slight_smile:And you are so right about unity and doing things together making us stronger.

1 Like

Yes, yes. But Korea is not famous for being animal friendly in any way.
I won’t expand, but the info is everywhere for you to find. And it’s also obvious in dramas. Ugh!

You’re so funny!

Mysteries of life :slight_smile: This cat is wow :open_mouth:

It’s great that you can find some comfort in Kdramas and escape :slight_smile: I remember I had a time like this too, but it was with the Kshow Return of Superman (with babies and children).

I think there are some good life lessons on some dramas I got to watch, but there are some dramas, where I couldn’t find a life lesson, morale of the story (maybe because people see things differently so we don’t find the same meaning in everything and maybe because it was not the intent of the scenarist to give a life lesson, but just bring entertainment).
I’m also trying to be careful between what I watch / reality, because of life distortion. Some people reproduce what they see on TV (not dramas only but generally speaking) and it’s not always good (kill, sex, play some types of games, words like cursing,…)

Hope you’re having an excellent weekend too!!
You can recover the previous message you wrote by clicking on the pencil just above your post.

If I was wise, I would have known how to skip bad situations XDXD

Yea. That’s the same ‘seaweed’ as nori. It’s also called laver. The Korean square style has a bit of sesame oil.