Novice to viki subtitling but not to Korean! <3

Edit: Luckily I have found some work! Thank you to everyone who responded and helped me out! I really appreciate it!.

Hello All,

I am a native English speaker with Intermediate level Korean fluency. I have been reading a few posts about how hard it is to begin your first project as a novice, and with personal experience, I agree. I wanted to post something here in case anyone knew of a team that could use my help! I am comfortable translating Korean to English and am fine with English to Korean. Please let me know if you can help!! Thank you in advance! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

์—ฌ๋Ÿฌ๋ถ„ ์•ˆ๋…•ํ•˜์„ธ์š”,

์ €๋Š” ์˜์–ด๋ฅผ ๋ชจ๊ตญ์–ด๋กœ ํ•˜์ง€๋งŒ ํ•œ๊ตญ์–ด๋ฅผ ์ค‘๊ฐ„์ •๋„ ํ•  ์ˆ˜ ์žˆ์–ด์š”. ์ž์›๋ด‰์‚ฌ๋ฅผ ์‹œ์ž‘ํ•˜๊ธฐ๊ฐ€ ์ข€ ์–ด๋ ค์›Œ ๋ณด์—ฌ์„œ ๊ฒŒ์‹œ๋ฌผ ๋งŒ๋“ค๊ณ  ์‹ถ์—ˆ์–ด์š”โ€ฆ์ €๋Š” ํ•œ๊ตญ์–ด๋ฅผ ์˜์–ด๋กœ ๋ฒˆ์—ญํ•˜๋Š” ๊ฒƒ ํŽธํ•˜๊ณ  ์˜์–ด๋กœ ๋ฒˆ์—ญํ•˜๋Š” ๊ฒƒ๋„ ๊ดœ์ฐฎ์Šต๋‹ˆ๋‹ค. ๋งŒ์•ฝ์— ๋„์šธ ์ˆ˜ ์žˆ๋‹ค๋ฉด ์•Œ๋ ค์ฃผ์„ธ์š”! ์ œ ํ•œ๊ตญ์–ด๋„ ์‹ค์ˆ˜ ์žˆ์œผ๋ฉด ์•Œ๋ ค์ฃผ์„ธ์šฉ. ๊ทธ๋ฆฌ๊ณ  ๊ฐ์‚ฌํ•ฉ๋‹ˆ๋‹ค! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

For Korean-English, look at the upcoming shows and choose one or two that you would want to work on. Then write to the Chief Editor (one of the English moderators, listed on the form) or, if there is no Chief Editor yet, the Channel Manager, and ask if you can help.
If you donโ€™t get an answer in about a week or you get rejected, then try one of the other shows.

For English-Korean you can also look at the older shows. Just choose a show in any language other than Korean (Japanese, Chinese, Thai, whatever) and look if itโ€™s already translated into Korean. If not, offer your help.

2 Likes