On My SoapBox! Would You/Or Have You Ever Bothered Your IDOL/Actor if you saw them in PUBLIC/Airport/Mall ETC

I have seen so many videos where actors or IDOLS are accosted by their fans. Like Gong Yoo was rushed during filming of Goblin (scared crap out of me). I have seen Kim Jae Wook followed in an airport. Lee Jong Suk didn’t react like someone wanted him to with a fan (he didn’t see) and he was called all kinds of names.

I WOULD never BOTHER one of my favorites outside of a FAN Meeting unless we were sitting together somewhere and he engaged me. (Lord PLEASE let this happen someday :crazy_face::star_struck:)

I might take a photo but I’m not going to FOLLOW them! They do not care about what I’m doing they just wanna get where they are going! They are just HUMAN and need SPACE.

At a fan meeting, they are inviting you into their lives!

WHAT DO YOU THINK??? No judging if you have or have not or would or would not just wondering.

(And yes, I have been backstage with KISS and Aerosmith and Green Day - and I didn’t bother them)

2 Likes

No.
Unless he/she makes me believe I am welcome at that moment. Normally I would see it as their private time and in their private time they can do whatever they like.

4 Likes

**So if you check out my hottie posse! These are my GUYS! **

I’m Tiny But Mighty and will be their POSSE!

I actually have a few more guys added to make it 10!!! hahahahahaha! UM I need to post my full list -Or MORE than 10

2 Likes

I’ve never been in a situation such as this but if I were, I’d probably smile and say “Hi” but that would be the extent of it unless they welcomed further conversation. I feel it would be very invasive/intrusive to get in their face. I try to treat people they way I would want to be treated.

5 Likes

I did cycle past a house of a Dutch celeb for years on my way to work. Sometimes saw him cycling with his son. Saw him in the shopping center a few times. Or in the supermarket. My mom had a chit chat with him while deciding what to get and when the weather was nasty. She also asked him to get something from a higher shelf she couldn’t reach. Now he moved and his new build house is done by now, when we drove past it a few weeks ago some men where still working in there. It’s no secret at all where he lives in the city but I never heard of stalking incidents or fans ringing the doorbell all day. His new house has a fence around it and a front garden but the old house didn’t have that.

Did I ever bother him or any other celeb I saw? No.

5 Likes

Not gonna lie, I would definitely stare… hard haha.

I am HUGE sports fan.The only time I bothered a celebrity was when I saw the quarterback of my favorite team in a restaurant. I wasnt going to bother but decided to ask for a pic once I saw other people did. Weird experience, probably wont happen again… until the next time I see an athlete I love :rofl:

4 Likes

Seriously! You guys ROCK!

I knew a few older retired celebrities. But just be polite and be friendly that’s all you gotta do.

2 Likes

My heart would be pounding out of my chest but I would do the side stare!

3 Likes

No telling what I’d do :face_with_hand_over_mouth: It depends.
I’d check their body language :sparkles::wink:
Signs that say they are open, and approachable.

Ha! I’d most definitely stick out like a sore thumb :laughing::smile: gaping their way :eye::eye::laughing:

4 Likes

PLEASE!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sweat_smile:

Whatever I’d do, I definitely wouldn’t follow them, that’s disgusting and really bothers the celeb-- it could be a fan or an attacker, how would they know? I remember when Baekhyun went live and tere were a few people following the poor guy from afar…he spoke really firmly about them and said he wouldn’t reveal their faces since he knew fans would beat them up, but he said was upset about it.

3 Likes

It really bothers me when I see one of my BOYS being harassed. Like REALLY bothers me! I am only 5’1" but I could be a Strong Woman Do Bong Soon for them

3 Likes

Lol :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

@loveurself_melanin

1 Like

@kdrama2020ali :muscle:t6: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Tiny but formidable when angry— I totally fit the squad! :joy::joy:

2 Likes

OK with all this bullying going on against LSG just cuz he DARES to date and possibly MARRY.

Rushing celebrities cars and chasing them in the airport and camping out just to get a glimpse of them. Do you honestly think that celebrity is COMFORTABLE in that situation???

This is my very 1st time FANGIRRLING and yes! Would I love to meet my favorite IDOL or actor/idol YES but not to the determinate to them! They just want to do their JOBS and go HOME!

It is becoming a SOCIETY where people feel like they have a right to keep everything as a POSSESSION that now PEOPLE are THEIRS and they have the RIGHTS to get in their business! WHAT IS THAT???

I just wanna sit and hang out and have a good meal with my favorite person and buy him dinner and hope he’s healthy and eats well and doesn’t overdo it!!! GEEZ people they put their shoes on one at a time and they have families and mom and dad who love and want to protect them! LEAVE THEM ALONE

Off Soapbox

2 Likes

Strongly agree! What LSG (or any star for that matter) does in his/her private life is their business, not ours! Besides, the (alleged) sins of the parents cannot/should not be blamed on or held against the children. We’ve had some over overly-zealous fans here in the U.S. too some of whom get to the point of physically assaulting or killing the star they are stalking. It’s pretty darned scary!

3 Likes

I HEAR YOU!!! I get so ANGRY when I hear about stuff like this! Recently, EXO’s Chanyeol was accused of cheating on his “gf” with ten girls and all the “evidence” was a bunch of weird photos. He’s suing the original poster but it’s gotten so out of hand. The story is so ridiculously unbelievable but people are sending up BALLOONS to get him to withdraw from EXO?!! What is UP with people? All Chen did was get married an have a kid. The amount of hate they throw at him, you’d think he deserved death penalty :roll_eyes:
I’m both angry and saddened to think that there are actual human beings who spend time, effort and money on hating someone. If you don’t like a person, LEAVE. People really need to change their mindset that stars are their personal belongings waiting to marry them or something.
The worst part is that they’re usually underage and the stars hesitate to sue them because of that. It’s so frustrating!! I wanted to see Chen’s little princess so badly, but obviously she should never be exposed to the public eye; her safety comes first. :sob: I’m so mad rn why can’t they just live normal lives?
EXO’s choreographer is so free to post pictures of his son and recently he’s announced that they’re expecting another. Everyone is wishing them so warmly, they look so happy it hurts to think about it sometimes…I almost started crying when I saw a picture of an EXO member happily holding the choreographer’s son and smilling widely in front of the camera. He probably wouldn’t be able to do that with his own kid and that makes me so sad and angry.

off the soapbox. sorry i may have gone slightly berserk, this topic hits me personally.

4 Likes

I KNOW I agree! Chen from EXO - the IDOL has to basically send a letter or Instagram announcing their marriage or girlfriend and hope they don’t get reamed for it. I personally think A LOT of these actors and actresses must be EXTREMELY lonely! Well, they work their A@#s off for their fans and for their livelihood. But they can’t even have a love affair without having their career put in jeopardy. I really like a Taiwanese actor, Aaron Yan, I think he is a awesome giving human being - I follow him because he is just so outspoken for humankind. He had a scandal that rocked his world that happened because an X decided to splash photos of him. They think they can trust the people around them but you know they really can’t or they feel that they can’t. How LONELY! Makes me crazy. If they want to marry, date, have an affair do this that our the other what business is it of FANS! Yes, great if you as a fan meet your favorite guy and he likes you - wouldn’t you want to be able to DATE him if you chose to - well you can’t because everyone would make you crazy!!! So basically they have to give up their careers when they find someone! UGH - yes makes me nuts.

Off and on the Soapbox

2 Likes

So young to be so TORMENTED! I worry for all of them even the guys in their 30s who can’t have a LIFE!

Just because they have TALENT and LOVE entertaining doesn’t mean anyone has a right to PRESSURE our favorite celebrities as FANS. Aren’t we suppose to be SUPPORTIVE? But we are only supportive when they do what we want??? Shame!

2 Likes