Pen Pals across the world

I was thinking how cool would it be to have a person that you can talk to about there culture from across the world , it would be a neat experence to talk and just learn all about a person from another country.

4 Likes

Yes, I love Viki because I can meet people all over the world that have my same interests, and know more about culture, language, dreams, etc.
Where are you from? I’m from Argentina, and I speak spanish.
Did you mean handmade letters? Beautiful!

1 Like

I had a pen pal when I was in high school. He was Welsh, living in England, I’m from Romania.  We didn’t had internet at home in ’96-’99  but I remember it was wonderful to come home and find a beautiful envelope in the letter box, full of thoughtful and funny personal messages, Christmas &Easter cards, gifts… We’ve met first time in ’97 when he came in Romania with his family to visit Transylvania region. Second time was in London, in '98  Still keeping those letters in my library… I know are there, somewhere :slight_smile:

The funny part is that he wanted to have a pen pal boy from Romania ( his father had some dealings here), and someone asked my brother to write him (they are the same age) but my brother was too lazy for these kind of things so Aidan ended up with a pen pal girl, two years his junior :smile:

2 Likes

How nice! That’s an amazing way to have touching memories in some years. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Pen Pals across the world:

I WOULD LOVE A COUPLE OF kOREAN PEN PALS WITH THE AIM OF VISITING THERE IN THE NEAR FUTURE. I’M SINGLE AND RETIRED SO I’D LOVE TO HAVE A FRIEND AS A TOUR GUIDE IF I CAN AFFORD TO COME OVER IN THE NEXT FEW YEARS; HEALTH PERMITTING, LOL.

1 Like

So where do we begin, how do you meet a pen pal etc, etc

1 Like

For those of you looking for a Korean pen pal, here is one site suggestion
http://chingu.prkorea.com/

Background on the site:

This is a site where a lot of young Koreans and some older Koreans go on to. Most are of the teenage to 20’s age range. You might run into some younger Koreans who are a part of VANK (Voluntary Agency Network of Korea). For this organization they have you watch videos and you actually learn about Korea and some issues that are important to them. One of the issues I learned about was Dokdo. If you do not want to learn about those things, try to look for the ones who aren’t in VANK. They’re more interested in sharing this information with you rather than practicing Korean with you. Most of them prefer to contact via email but you might find some who give out their kakao talk ID’s.

Good luck to all of you and hope you find some awesome friends! :smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the info