People , holiday depression

yes a mind set

3 Likes

I really loved this. The lines, “We have so little of each other, now. So far from tribe and fire” are especially poignant to me.

I always go out of my way to say the ‘pleases and thank yous’ and letting people go in front of me, etc. These things take almost no effort, but the impact is so huge.

5 Likes

3 Likes

I am having a hard time lately and I am really doing my best to work it out, thought this may be helpful to someone today, besides me

5 Likes

truth worth reading

In Ancient Greece, Socrates had a great reputation of wisdom. One day, someone came to find the great philosopher and said to him:

• Do you know what I just heard about your friend?

• A moment, replied Socrates. Before you tell me, I would like to test you the three sieves.

• The three sieves?

• Yes, continued Socrates. Before telling anything about the others, it’s good to take the time to filter what you mean. I call it the test of the three sieves. The first sieve is the TRUTH. Have you checked if what you’re going to tell me is true?

• No, I just heard it.

• Very good! So, you don’t know if it’s true. We continue with the second sieve, that of KINDNESS. What you want to tell me about my friend, is it good?

• Oh, no! On the contrary.

• So, questioned Socrates, you want to tell me bad things about him and you’re not even sure they’re true? Maybe you can still pass the test of the third sieve, that of UTILITY. Is it useful that I know what you’re going to tell me about this friend?

• No, really.

• So, concluded Socrates, what you were going to tell me is neither true, nor good, nor useful. Why, then, did you want to tell me this?

“Gossip is a bad thing. In the beginning, it may seem enjoyable and fun, but in the end, it fills our hearts with bitterness and poisons us, too!” - Pope Francis

4 Likes

see? another tradition went down the hole. but still it would have been nice just to get a phone call, but thats ok too

1 Like

afbeelding

1 Like

You should send them the links to your thread :wink:

1 Like

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

4 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

Doesn’t “being awesome” come natural to us, haha? :wink:

3 Likes

mirjam, supposed to be

3 Likes
1 Like

1 Like

I really thought I was doing something good here, but getting some negative vibes, yeah I know don’t let the dictate of others rule your life.

I really don’t know what to do about this situation. kinda between a rock and a hard place. anyway, I will think more about it and maybe decide later about this.

sorry I sound out of sorts. I guess just disappointed, hurt maybe.

ok I had someone say something to me, and I got emotional, this little piece was on facebook this morning, and wow it really got me ! from Mindful Christianity
so I also have to let it go and keep on keeping on

y’all have a great day!

3 Likes

@frustratedwriter You are always sending out the virtual hugs, so I thought you deserved to have one sent back to you.

I’ve been dealing with some hard personal stuff the last few days, and I have felt the truth of this statement from my internet friends.

I hope anyone who is in need of a hug today feels the comfort.

3 Likes

thank you for MY hug!!

1 Like