Pet lovers 🐹 🐈 🐕 🐧

Hey!

I saw so many profile pictures with cute pets that I thought it would be nice to know more about your companions :smile:
Sharing your stories, other pictures, tips… Whatever you want to talk about your lovely friend!

9 Likes

wow no one shared? well I will at the moment I have a tuxedo cat and a dog chiwawa which is mispelled. they are my companions. some people may laugh, but they are family to me. JJ is my little dog, I take him for walks or is it the other way around? my cat Virgil is independent and does his own thing. I guess us senior folks need that companionship

7 Likes

I have one dog—a 14 lb Malshi (Maltese / Shih Tzu), who is turning three next month. He is my best friend, son (I know lol), and my favorite companion. I have photos of him, but it’s mainly him being a goof ball. Anyways, we got him from a shop (which we do not recommend… we were new dog owners).
I recommend getting a pet from an animal shelter or rescue. Those are the best. As animals from shops are from pet mills (majority dog mills), which are the worst thing ever. I volunteer at an animal shelter near me and I love it. Animals there are required to be fixed before leaving, which is great because the population of animals are rising.
Some tips to new dog owners… don’t unleash your dog without fully trusting your dog. My friend’s dog unfortunately died after escaping the door and getting hit by a car. And when my dog was a couple months old, he always ran out and had incidents of almost getting ran over.

6 Likes

We have two dogs. A Tosa Inu Noni and Belgian Malinois mix Zeus. Those two are my best buddies, my stress relieve and my work out partners. Noni is a little reserved to people (just like me) and Zeus is more social (just like my husband). We are also fostering puppies. So I get the chance to smell the puppy breath every now and then. I’m waiting on my new foster puppy a chocolate lab Chanel. I love to train dogs (hopefully, one day I can be a full time K9 trainer) The best time of the day is to come home to my hubby and my two dogs. BTW both are rescues.

5 Likes

I like dogs. When I was young, I used to raised dogs. Even though I got rabies 7 times, I still love dogs.

5 Likes

This is Pärla (pearl) enjoining in what was my Polly tunnel… I’m going to save the tunnel and make it a smaller one. Pärla is deaf and lives in her own little world, I got her almost a year ago at 8 years old.

7 Likes

This is my little family Rudolf (the mastin), Pärla (the red), Luna (black think she’s a Terrier mix) and the small once are Vilde (who where shaved after the picture was taken) and Loppan both are CCD.

8 Likes

:face_with_peeking_eye: I think this ist a new Thread “lol” six years old…

a horse and recently only a cat :heart:

6 Likes

It’s old but I wanted a thread about pets and the rule here is that you can’t t start a thread that already exists. :wink: And I really hope this will have many photos of pets from all over the world.

6 Likes

REST IN PEACE my precious princess. Died 1 year ago and 6 months at 14 years and 4 months old.
The pain has subsided a bit, but there are days when I miss her so much I cry buckets. I paid 400 dollars to have her ashes at home, and I see her shadow around the house and hear her cute walk when she came down her tiny stairs (we gave all her stuff away except a couple of her collection of gorgeous dresses). Her favorite meals was Arroz con gandules y Bistec and Rice and Beans and breaded Chicken. I was her cooking slave since I mainly cooked for her, and now I have no joy in cooking anymore. It’s painful how suddenly they leave us so I never want another pet in my life and go through so much pain. She gave so much love and joy to our life. Until we meet again… :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

This was for her last birthday we celebrated with her at Flushing Meadows Park (she was the star of the park that day). We bought another favorite of her food Chicken nuggets (form Mc Donald) and we sang HB with a carrot flavored cupcake.

9 Likes

maria_lavendula_77
It’s old but I wanted a thread about pets

That’s okay since when by chance anyone makes another thread that was already there centuries back; they ‘‘crucify’’ the person like they committed a crime by writing another topic that was there like this one for example; 6 years ago. I never saw this one before…:frowning:

I hope they do post pictures of their pets. they deserve our praises.

PS. I haven’t seen @piranna piranna around for so long. Hope she’s doing fine and in good health.

Your Dogs are so blessed to have so much open space to enjoy. Blessings to all of them and long life.

6 Likes

I grew up with puppies, my grandma bred Maltese dogs, the white pet dogs, I always cried when they were sold, I have somewhere a picture I will look. I kept later 2 of the puppies one died under a car and other got 13 years old.

Much later my son wanted always a cat so we got one, you see him in my profile picture. Moses was only about 12 when I had to put him down because of being terminally sick… I do still miss him till today greatly, he was a family member. - Since then I’m a cat person and would love to have again one when circumstances allow. Until then I enjoy the neighboring cats who come often to me for a little cuddle :smile_cat: :heart_eyes_cat:

9 Likes

Such a cutie in her little stroller, she looks like a little princess. They are like family so loosing a pet is never fun. :heart:

All my dogs are old and some are on meds, I never go for a cute puppy when there are so many old dogs that really deserves a few months, years or whatever it might be on my little farm. I moved from Stockholm to a place in rural Sweden, just so I could give my pets the best life I could think of.

7 Likes

My dad used to have a farm when I was little, so I had a lot of pets, such as a horse, a cow, a lot of bunnies, birds, cats, dogs, and chickens, and I even had a rooster called Hugo lol.
In our house, I had a couple of birds and two fish.
Now I have a dog, Rex (such a cutie pie)

9 Likes

@natyh

He is gorgeous!

6 Likes

@maria_lavendula_77

You will be so blessed for doing such a wonderful good deed. I wanted to take in an old blind in one eye chihuahua because it was going to be euthanized, but someone else got him first. I just found out the chihuahua lasted just a few months, but in those few months he was so happy I cry every time I see the pictures posted from the guy who took him in. I am glad he was given a chance to feel loved since he was severely abused by the previous owner for years.

4 Likes

WOW, so many cute pets. I’m currently living with my parents so I only have a dog called “Simba”, a bird called “Willy” and some fishes. But when I get the oppurtonity to live by myself alone it’s my dream to have two dogs, a cat and a Gekko. These are my favorite animals. :dog2: :cat2: :parrot: :fish:

6 Likes

He is!!

8 Likes

@angelight313_941
I’m terribly sorry about your sweet dog and yes I lost my cat Maggie almost four weeks ago and I don’t get it, she was ill… well we all know… death is only gives the one who stays so much pain :cry: … but whoever has to leave will find peace and quiet :smiling_face_with_tear:

@natyh
What a pretty and great dog, I would just cuddle as often as I can :smiley:

@maria_lavendula_77
What a great rascals you have there ?! They all I would also just want to heart :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: so sweet :relaxed:

@simi11
I used to think that saying goodbye would be easier when you were older :worried: today I can say no saying goodbye is always just as difficult :pensive:
we miss them incredibly because they were so close to us :heart:

Emma :heart: Protector of our Home

9 Likes

Yes, and he loves it lol

She’s so pretty, but Rex is mean with cats :unamused:
I wanted to adopt a cat and he did allow me to do so

5 Likes