Petition to get Chicago Typewriter back

It must have left yesterday …? Anyway, this show dropped off Netflix already, and no one else in North America has ever had it, so there’s now no way to watch it there without buying the DVD. This show was super popular, so I wonder why they let the license expire?

4 Likes

It’s still on viki and you don’t even need vikipass to watch for free.

7 Likes

Are you sure? I have VikiPass Standard, anyway, but for me it says “Content not available in your region.” I guess … if it’s still there, what could I try to fix this? Everything else plays fine.

1 Like

I am in the US. The splashpage for the drama does not state any pass requirement. So it should in theory be available to everyone. Try logging out of viki, then clear your browser cache. then close browser, reopen and log into viki and see if you can see it. I wouldn’t know if it’s limited to the Americas and not available elsewhere.

4 Likes

i tried look on viki for that but it not available for me either

2 Likes

I am in the U.S., and this now also shows up as unavailable in my region.

I’m sure glad I watched it when I did because I didn’t realize it was also removed from Ntflx.

3 Likes

Then it must be a QC priviledge to be able to see it, since @cgwm808 can see it

3 Likes

@cgwm808 Thank you so much for the tips! Sadly it was to no avail. If you can still see it, does that mean it’ll eventually come back? Sorry for all the questions - unfortunately I was right in the middle of watching this, so I certainly would like to continue if possible!

Oof, that’s unfortunate.

1 Like

All episodes are still available in the US and not under any subscription basis. Perhaps for some regions, the license has expired. In that case, try submitting the license request form again.

3 Likes

That can’t be. :open_mouth:
Perhaps there’s a glitch.

3 Likes

This gives me hope! It seems so odd that the license would expire only in some regions but not others, in the same country nonetheless, but I guess we’ll see. I submitted a technical support request to Viki, so perhaps they’ll respond?

3 Likes

You are also a QC, though…

3 Likes

Technical support? I think you should ask for it in the show request form. If they get enough requests, they might put it back or something

Done! I thought for a second it might be a technical glitch if @jadecloud88 could still see it, but I didn’t realize they’re a QC too.

2 Likes

I’m in US and can see it. I also have QC so that may be why.

1 Like

gostei muito desse dorama.

I think QCs worldwide might be able to view it because I also see the show and I’m in Europe.

4 Likes

I can’t watch it anymore. :disappointed_relieved:

Are they just blocking one country at a time now, whether you have QC or not?

3 Likes

Request submitted! :wink: Link of form below!
https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034633713-Request-a-TV-Show-or-Movie
@laurensmithh2o_34 ,
Maybe place the link form in your topic, for ease of access?

3 Likes