Please help me translate an Arabic sentence

Can any of you who know Arabic help me with translating this? It’s instructions for a crocheted hand ornament. I would be grateful if anyone was willing to shed some light :slight_smile:

Arabic%20instructions

1 Like

Just saw your post. Please explain more of what is this on and i will be happy to translate it to you. If you still need it

2 Likes

Thank you. As I said, it is instructions for crochet. Here is the picture, if that helps! I can understand most of the chart, but there is a little detail near the closure that is not well-designed, so I was hoping that the written words had some clarification. Otherwise I’ll just fudge it.

hand%20ornament%202002%20b

hand%20ornament%202002%20a

1 Like

@irmar is this for the hand wrist and middle finger a kind of hand decoration for belly dance, just curious :wink: it’s very pretty!

1 Like

Yes, I have added the photo of it. But it’s not only for dancers, people in the Arabic countries use it normally in festive occasions. Now it’s popular even in China and Japan (lately in the US) as bridal wear. The first pic is from a Chinese store, the second from Etsy and it’s crochet, the third from a Japanese store

Crystal-Rhinestone-hand-ornament

lacy-gloves
Japanese%20bride

lace-gloves

2 Likes

beautiful, but it daunts me that the lacey ones were used some time before and I used to wear the half mittens or gloves made with lace in the 80’s (remember Madonna :wink: ) I still have some, lol, for the middle finger it feels almost as a replacement of henna hand paintings the second last pic the hand accessory is just gorgeous!! :heart_eyes: Thanks for sharing this :rose:
@piranna look something else to crochet :wink:

2 Likes

@frustratedwriter, you might like it too! :slight_smile:

1 Like

that picture was pretty, hope you can find someone to intrepert it

1 Like

Ssshhh! Don’t give evil ideas to Irmar!!! :fearful::fearful::fearful:

2 Likes

Piranna is making giant progresses. She’s already masterered the 7 basic stitches (ch, sl. st, sc, hdc, dc, tr) and the following combinations:

• granny stitch
  • bobble stitch
  • puff stitch
  • popcorn stitch
  • fan stitch
  • filet

She has worked on back-and-forth rows, in the round and squaring rounds, by making samplers of stitches as well as:

• a granny square,
  • a filet square
  • a three-layer Irish rose,
  • a sunburst granny square.

She knows how to interpret charts and simple written patterns in French and in English.
Now she’s making a two-colour semicircular shawl beginning from center shoulder. (Maybe not all the shawl, just the beginning)

She would surely be able to stitch that hand ornament, it’s just a simple pineapple.

2 Likes

Hi Zayoun, @zuoon97_304 can you help @irmar to translate the Arabic writings for the crochet, much appreciated :rose: scroll up…

1 Like

:scream: I forget the next week and I do the homework the day before. I filled post it to remember basic points.

I feel the professor is excellent and that explains it all, but the student is not that good lol

2 Likes

Remember there was a time when the “professor” was on the same level as you are now. You will get there too! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I might need 10 years :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Thruthfully, I think she’s a great teacher who’s really patient and follows the student.
But I don’t deserve all the praise from her. I feel like a cheater when people say things about me I can’t recognize in myself and I will feel the weight of expectations on myself knowing that I can’t fulfill so I prefer not to deceive anyone from the beginning lol

@mirjam_465 but thank you for your kind words!!

1 Like

That’s your only problem, actually. If you don’t do it a little more regularly, and you leave “homework” for the night before, it’s very natural that you will forget, since it was new information not yet digested.

When people call our yoga-dance center asking how many times per week they should do, I tell them this little story
When you have a lesson and you learn things, it’s like acquiring seven blocks. Every day that passes without exercise you lose one block.
So if you do nothing for the whole week, you will still advance because you will have lost 6 but kept 1. Two blocks of advance per week, so you will advance but slowly.
Whereas if you do 2 times per week, from one time to another you will have only lost 2-3 and will gain 7 more, so the total advance for the week will be 14-5=9, and you will get better much sooner.

2 Likes

If I had only this to do, why not.
But I want to do this and that and I have to do this and that, so it’s the limit I put for myself.
I am interested, but not enough to put away other things or put it before other things.

It’s the difference between school, I get to pick when and how often.

Does it mean I agree to progress more slowly? Yes, if I can progress on something else I have on the side or do something else.

Does it matter now if I am not quick? It is frustrating for someone like me. It will be, always, but you see how I think lol

2 Likes

first let me apologies for totally forgetting you :grimacing:

second this is my translation hopes it help

final step: working on the left-hand piece
patron and track of the left-hand piece is a little different from the right side.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Uh? And of course they don’t say what the difference is. No matter, I’ll figure it out. Good to know, though.

Well honestly i think that it was translated from English to Arabic in the first place as patron is more of a professional word and not an arabic one.

So what i guess is the difference is as simple as you can see in the picture. It is where you have the closing part of the piece. As they are made to be worn and taking off by the women herself, without help.

1 Like

Sorry, I haven’t visited Discussions in a while.

The first line says that this is the chart of the “bracelet” part (the part that goes around the wrist).
The second line says “the direction of work of the bracelet for clarification” just to clarify where to begin and what direction to move in.
As for the final pair of lines (that were in your very first post), they say:
“The last step: The left (hand) piece
The chart of the left-hand piece and the direction differs slightly than the right-hand one.”
Which simply point out that the chart of the left hand is that same as the right-hand one but flipped left to right.

2 Likes