Please license more Jdrama! đŸ˜«

yeah the other diner series, been watching them

1 Like

Angelight, “Midnight Diner” is an excellent series - I’ve watched all three seasons twice and they were just as good the second time around. I wish it were a real place so I could go there - and all of the characters are priceless.

But no response from anyone at Viki, which I suppose means they’re making no effort to add new Japanese dramas and are too embarrassed to admit it to subscribers?

1 Like

If you love all things Japanese, hop over to this link!

@vikicommunity, @amm11, @beefshi, @giant_sean, @valenchelle

For anyone who has been looking for more J-dramas, specifically something that is not a formulaic rom-com, I suggest this:

1 Like

hey thanks for a heads up on this drama, the killer inside

1 Like

@shakalabbit [“shakalabbit, post:22, topic:15805”] I suppose means they’re making no effort to add new Japanese dramas and are too embarrassed to admit it to subscribers?
[/quote]

They should be ashamed since the owners are Japanese, and they should be more than proud to promote their dramas, movies, and ESPECIALLY their Documentaries. I don’t know if in my past life I was Japanese, but I love their documentaries; that are so well done you feel transported to their mountains, Restaurants, and so many enchanting natural beauty. It’s a shame indeed.

2 Likes

('Really, really hate “edit history” - a little like voyeurism when you think about it - and deleting isn’t even possible, so
 again
)

I had intended to cancel my Viki subscription in protest to this ongoing situation of a.) a dearth of Japanese Dramas at Viki and b.) the tunnel-vision genre of 100% Rom-Coms among what J-Dramas actually are added, and
 I forgot to do it. If the cost weren’t so inexpensive I’d be disgusted at my own space-out and find a way to reverse the charge, but
 less than five bucks US per month so

Viki accidentally gets another year’s subscription from me. And another year to see if they improve the dismal lineup of: Rom-Com after Rom-Com after Rom-Com after Rom-Com after Rom-Com after Rom-Com after Rom-Com after Rom-Com after Rom-Com after Rom-Com. Maybe? And maybe add more Japanese dramas in general? Buuut
 this just in from Viki, in my email Inbox:

Arrggh. Again, I can’t speak for anybody but myself but I would be happy to pay a monthly subscription roughly the same as Amazon Prime or Netflix (IOW $15-20) if there were an excellent selection of genres like Medical Dramas, Detective Dramas, School Dramas (that are not primarily focused on romance,) Paranormal / UFO / Ghost Story Dramas, Mysteries, Historical Dramas, etc.

Actually if Viki simply added the FujiTV drama “Life” from 2007 (from Suenobu Keiko’s manga,) at least one season of “Doctor X,” and/or “35-sai no Koukousei” (“Watashi, shippai shinai no de” - Yonekura Ryîko rules!) all would be well. In addition to their great rewatch value and the fact that they’re among my faves, I could actually convince a bunch of friends to subscribe on the strength of those three shows alone. Add a couple of historical dramas - like “Ryomaden” from 2010 with Fukuyama Masaharu and “Musashi” from 2003 with Ichikawa Ebizî - and most of my fellow students in my Nihongo class would probably join too. Etc.

To repeat what I’ve been pot-banging about here for a couple of years now, Viki is missing an easy opportunity to expand its viewership, simply by adding more Japanese Dramas, and adding serious dramas - in addition to the bizarre and now-tedious overload of sappy comedies.

3 Likes