Please stop translating the lyrics in the music

what a great way to learn German! and I did watch, that was and is cute!

1 Like

I love it!!:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

especially sometimes when you don’t know which is lyric and which is the dialogue:joy:

1 Like

You mean Dutch! :wink:

1 Like

Pinocchio was German but I’ll add the German version of your intros too now :grin:

Added some other intros too (I somehow like these songs more than most Disney songs)

here they kept the Japanese version:

@frustratedwriter

3 Likes

Hey, in the last one I recognize the voice of the Dutch singer (Herman van Veen)! :slight_smile:

A few were not available in my country, but it’s great to see some nostalgia from back then. I used to watch Tao Tao in German, I’m not even sure there was a Dutch version 

I never heard of Lady Oscar though 
 :thinking:

I noticed the German version of Nils Holgersson has less lyrics than the Dutch one. Where we have a sung verse, the German version is for a large part instrumental. This is the Swedish version:

And the Finnish version:

Candy Candy in several languages (aber leider kein Deutsch :frowning: )

3 Likes

Was sind die meisten sĂŒĂŸ und witzig
 Niedlich :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes::slight_smile:

2 Likes

I didn’t realize they kept the same Candy Candy song in many different languages! The Korean version that’s they sang here isn’t the original version as they changed the lyrics slightly later on.

Here’s the original Korean version.

1 Like

Did you know that Lady Oscar, aka The Rose of Versailles is on Viki? :slight_smile:

The Rose of Versailles

1 Like

In my early childhood we had no TV, but we got one when I started going ot school and my first series were Heidi and Biene Maja.
There was a 3rd series I watched

3 Likes

I also have one

:grin:

2 Likes

2 Likes

see? I learned something! my apologies, learned Dutch!! thank you mirjam_465!

1 Like

Heel goed! ( = Very good!) :slight_smile:

1 Like

:kissing_closed_eyes::relaxed::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you, I didn’t know that VIKI has it :slight_smile:

It’s worth watching even though it is old.

1 Like

We love the song translations in this household. They add depth to the story in most cases :slight_smile: I understand that some feels it gets in the way of the spoken word. Why not put them in the top of the screen when it’s during conversation?

That’s not (yet) possible to do in the subtitle editor. Would be a nice idea though, also for explaining cultural references.

well I am watching a drama, and with what you said, on every picture a song at the bottom, you are so right!

I agree that song lyrics can clutter up the screen but personally, I like the lyrics translated as I feel it gives more meaning to the drama or a particular scene.

4 Likes