Poll: Male, Female or maybe an alien? :P

I have the feeling females dominate on Viki, when someone PM’s me or I direct people to other people I automatically go like “PM her…” In some cases I found out a while later that someone is actually a guy.:sweat_smile:

So is my feeling correct or is it more 50/50?

• Female
  • Male
  • Alien (for the ones who don’t want to say but still want to vote :stuck_out_tongue: )

0 voters

2 Likes

WOW !!! most of us are women !!!

You know, I recently learned (one learns a new thing every day!) that some homosexual, queersexual, bisexual, transexual, pansexual and confused-sexual people don’t wan’t to be labelled/identified as either female or male. And therefore these people refuse to be addressed by “he” or “she”, and they demand very vocally that if you talk to them, use the pronoun “they” - at least when talking in English, because in other languages it doesn’t work.
I had this discussion with my daughter - it was very heated I must say.
I said: “We’re not talking here of sexual preferences, each person may like whom they want, but, like I do with cats and dogs, if it has a penis I call it a male and if it has a vagina I call it a female” Then, what they do in their own bed is their own business. But let’t not confuse pronouns please, life is complicated as it is.
She had lots to argue about that, and called me names.

So I’m supposing that by creating the “Alien” category you’re giving a comfortable place for all those people who refuse to be a he or a he depending on their anatomy.

4 Likes

Yes I know for some people it’s a really sensitive topic as some are struggling and some still discriminate transgenders and other people who don’t fit in the ‘norm’ or how to say for stupid reasons. I wasn’t thinking that far when I made the category though (I was thinking of Do Min Joon :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ) but yes you are right.

1 Like

now this is interesting, , so we females are the ones on these shows not the males. explains a lot too. no wonder guys don’t participate in discussions or any other , like my sons tease me about; chick flicks, yeah the guys on the shows are hunks, bur so are the girls, cuties and such so whats the prob? why don’t they watch. do we need guys like those wrestlers, or guys that fight ( jet li etc)
to be sure there are shows 7 movies that would attract the guys too!

2 Likes

I think similar way of thinking I have about the US bathroom usage topic which went to court because of a 15 year old girl that takes male hormons and identifies a male, I respect a person whatever he/she feels and wants to be, but to make such law, we are running danger of loosing either privacy or protection (in this case the women). It feels more and more normal people are loosing rights over the special treatment folks. I say live and let live, there must be some common sense.

1 Like

mentioning boys/men flick I truly recommend Three Kingdoms, there you learn a man’s mind in strategy planning and you barely see a woman’s face, but oh the slaughtering in wars. I think Punch and Assembly would be good too.

1 Like

Hey there!

A boy here! I’ve been watching doramas for maybe 2 years now and to be honest I absolutely love it! It’s pretty impressive the low rating of boys that watches doramas or even listens to KPop but that’s just the way it is! What I hate the most is basically that I’ve never found a community to talk about all this stuff, but now that I found this place from Viki I might participate a bit more!

2 Likes

Yes, please do participate!
You can also volunteer and see from inside how this exciting community works. Even if you only know English, you can be of great help captioning shows with hardsubs.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up @irmar! Actually I’m spanish so I guess I might try to join the spanish team too!

3 Likes

I think most of the channel manager and my subtitle-mate are all female!
Hard to find the male channel manager nowadays! :confounded:

1 Like

really? interesting that is!

Yes that is. Maybe because females are attracted to the romance from Korean drama but males often like action movies. However action genres in Korean drama/movie contributes a small number.

1 Like

Hm, maybe it would better to not classify queer/nonbinary people as aliens?

Don’t take the aliens thing personal… I just had MLFTS in my head when I made the poll

3 Likes

just an observation here, male/female/? right, and classify the aliens as such, right? well what about angels, they are not of a sexual nature(?) right? so why not aliens, well lets say all of them have no sexual , whats the word, prowess, maybe?thats just a thought, the gender of aliens & angels guess we have to leave it with our imagination
Love from another star, my boy friend, and more puts the characters as men, haven’t seen a woman cast as an alien,angels yes but… like I said our imagination can play or wreck havoc.

1 Like

Apart from the fact that she was obviously not thinking of those when writing “alien” - here on viki we have mermaids and mermen, people from another star, ghosts and what not, so it’s natural that we think of those mainly - whatever one’s sexual preferences, most people were born as male or female anatomically. In case of transgender people, they chose an identity different from the one they were born with, so they can of course put that one, the one that represents them most today.
(Or not answer the poll if they feel none of the possible answers applies to them).

irmar you got it! I agree. love the mermaids/mermen/aliens/ and whatever that was shown here! well she did mention she was thinking of the love from the stars when she wrote it.

In real life I’ve actually only met one guy who admits that he watches dramas (but then again I had to go to a boarding school filled with people who watch anime)
I’ts good to know you guys are there :wink:

1 Like

well there are some guys who like romcom but can’t admit it because of social norms :frowning:

1 Like