Post your most interesting dance/song combos

Some of the dances on these MVs are fantastic! And the dances that express the songs well are something else to watch! :sunglasses:

I’ve watched Daniel Kang’s Paranoia several times. The dance perfectly expresses his character’s descent down the the dark rabbit hole of paranoia. The song and the dance really enhance each other. I feel sorry for his character at the same time I really admire the art of it all. Overall, it is a fantastic piece of art.

There are so many great ones out there. Which song/dance combos do you find interesting? Talk a little bit about what you like about them. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

There are so many:

Exo - Wolf

2PM - Heartbeat

SNSD - Run Devil Run

BLACKPINK - Kill this Love

3 Likes

Oh yea. 늑대 really expresses that wolf well. :grinning:

2PM Heartbeat was really interesting! Those guys were underwater in despair at ever being able to love again and then they went flatline! That dance was a good expressions of the song.

Black Pink - I liked that giant bear trap they were in to kill that love. :rofl:

Mamamo - Aya is a really kewl set. Such a slinky song. The dance is really interesting.

Hwa Sa’s skinny eyebrows reminds me of my sister’s skinny eyebrows. :rofl:

2 Likes

… old but I guess the message is still up to date …

I don’t know if it counts but I always loved this choreography

Surely these were different times - sigh

2 Likes

Ah! Janet Jackson! I barely remember that song so I had to look up the year - 1989. So that’s why I don’t remember it. I didn’t have a life in the mid-80’s early 90’s. I was a full time student 6 days a week and worked two part time jobs 7 days a week! It was a total killer on my social life but I had to grind my way through college in the shortest time possible.

That running up hill was ‘different’ Those face masks were weird lol. And the Samurai pants were interesting.

Do they even have flash mobs any more? :laughing:

ok. This Jackson Wang WOLF is on the HUNT! :sunglasses: :fire:

He spots the girl, starts after her on all fours but comes up into a run, Ducks behind the trash can, comes up smelling himself to make sure he doesn’t smell like garbage :rofl: Gets a rose and tries to woo her as she walks away, ignoring him. The lady upstairs says he’s wet behind the ears by watering him down. HILARIOUS! :rofl: That ‘wolf’ eye flash at the end always makes me jump even though it’s KNOW it’s coming!

1 Like

Did you miss this in the 80’s too?

Someone had fun doing his job

One of the roots for all those sexy moves we get to see today

2 Likes

Oh Yes! Thriller was 82. My son was still a little guy the so I wasn’t in college yet.

Christopher Walkin is so KEWL! lol He usually played the ‘heavy’ so it’s such fun to see him dancing around twinkly toes and also in comedies - still playing a heavy but a funny one. :rofl:

And Elvis the Pelvis was WAY before my time! My second mother just loved Elvis and even named 4th brother after him. :laughing:

2 Likes

In case you are wondering - no, this song is not about the dancer, or her art, or anything alike, it’s a love song.

I really do not like the weather yesterday stormy, now again stormy and raining a lot and there was thunder again. Locking for my corner to hide.

2 Likes

Aw Not available in the US.

1 Like

Well, I guess he is pretty, how should I say it protective about his stuff.
Herbert Grönemeyer - Demo (Der letzte Tag)
I don’t know if you can get a hold of the song, interestingly enough, the video of the dancer Polina Semionova was somehow used for other music, maybe because it didn’t run with the original music?

2 Likes

All three dance shorts are fire! :fire: imo. So lit! :grinning:

She can move!

Here she is again!

Yep! She slayed, yet again!
:notes: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. . . seven days a week! :notes:

1 Like

@leerla73 Thanks for reminding me about this thread

Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill … I know there was a TV-series not too long ago, so young folks know this one too, but this was part of my youth as well, many decades ago.

Haha, the bot aka “disco brat” reminded me that I already placed a link, but dear bot it vanished for the public eye.

Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation

Jamiroquai - Virtual Insanity … Dancing? Moving? Grooving!

Madcon - Glow … biggest flashmob at Eurovision Song Contest

Moloko - Familiar Feeling

If you, or your parents are around 50 years old, you/they probably danced to this:

Deee-Lite - Groove is in the Heart

Technotronic - Pump Up The Jam

Inner City - Good Life

1 Like

I love the energy of the solo of Lisa named Money. Every time I listened and watched makes me wanna dance. I love seeing her performance on different concerts, her facial expression and her dancing ability.

Normally, I choose this song because it’s the one I like more but for example we can see in her other solo the same previosly commented. And it’s not just their solos. For example, in some collaborations we can see the same energy as we can see in Shoong! of Taeyang as we can see in this video.

So yeah, we could say I’m a big fan of Lisa hahahaha.

But there are so many more incredible MVs out there and I’m sure I’m forgetting some that I’d include here.

1 Like

Ok, Leera… from back when my knees still worked. :upside_down_face: Rufus Thomas - Breakdown and Funky Chicken.

Yea, I am that old. :shushing_face: (1972)

1 Like

@porkypine,
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::joy: You’re in good company, no worries. :wink:

Check this Utuber @porkypine :wink:
In the comments, an 86 year old says his videos in general, helps her recover her physical independence. Wow!
!https://youtu.be/4VNUYkUAhLo?feature=shared

Collagen, @porkypine, get some in your system to heal your :wink: mainframe. :heavy_check_mark: I need to as well.

1 Like